Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Armorer's class was excellent!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Ronbars, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Ronbars

Jun 15, 2011
    S. FL
    I attended the armorer's class on 8/2 hosted by the Juno Beach, FL Police Department. Alex Cobb was the instructor with Joel Hodges present up until just after lunch.

Alex is a great and friendly guy, thoroughly knowledgeable and eminently patient. There were one or two attendees that took a little longer to grasp certain concepts and were a bit slower with the dis/re-assemblies and if it bothered him in the least I certainly couldn't tell. He had a few tricks to offer that differed from certain procedures in the manual as well. He's an excellent instructor and I hope to have him again at another course.

Joel Hodges had several interesting law enforcement-related stories. In addition, he made it known to the class that if they experienced real-world trouble with their guns that he could help address face to face that he would travel to their location and make himself available for that. I came away extremely impressed with Glock's commitment to and support of law enforcement.

The Juno Beach PD's facility is beautiful and they put out a very nice lunch spread as well.

The time spent in class flew by -- I suspect I could have sat there another 9 hours and that Alex would have been able to teach another 9 hours worth of new information. I can't speak highly enough of the entire experience!
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. Joel is a great guy and has helped me out and my club several times.

He's frequently the armorer at SE GSSF matches and is a GSSF Master himself.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Alex is indeed a fine instructor and a real gentleman.:wavey: