close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Armorer at the GSSF matches

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by yobohadi, Aug 22, 2011.

1. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

I just bought a used G36 and it came with 3 mags which have the Pearce +1 extesions on them. I have been having FTE issues with those mags, I bought a factory mag which has no issues so I figured the mag extensions are causing me problems. My question is do the Armorers have the factory mag baseplates and inserts with them to swap out the extensions at the matches or will they not deal with that?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The armorer should have what you need.

3. SCC

SCC Member Me

danny is right !!!!!

4. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

Excellent! Thanks DannyR!

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

If you just "show up" at a GSSF match, depending on what the demand is, or is not, for any particular part the Armorer might have it, or have enough, or he might not!

There probably is not a lot of call for G36 mag parts.

If you are going to a GSSF match and need a particular quantity of a specific part or parts, you would be wise to, at least a week or better, two weeks before the GSSF staff has to hit the road to that match, drop them an e-mail (gssf@glock.us) telling them you need X quantity of Y and Z parts so they can make sure they can order them and pack them along.

Do not take it for granted that the Glock Armorers and the GSSF staff schlep unlimited quantities of every part that Glock ever put into a given model of gun!

Or you might be going home from the match empty handed.

6. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

From my experience the armorers vary.

My all time favorite armorer seems to have moved on to Sig. Got to missing him at the matches. Seen him a couple of years ago in Charlotte working for Glock at the NRA convention. This year in Pittsburg, he was working for Sig. We had a brief conversation as to why. Shame IMO, he was always shooter/customer friendly.

However, the armorer that has been at the Ohio and Michigan matches this year seems to be a great guy also. Hopefully Glock will keep him.

A few years ago at Indy I had to use the armorer for some feeding issues on my G22. By the time I was finished with that armorer I was super pissed off. He first proceded to basically belittle me because my G22 was "too dry". So much for "perfection" I guess. Then it was on to the 25 cent trigger job that the previous owner had done to it. Never mind all he did was oil the slide rail grooves/channels and didn't replace anything he found so wrong about the 25cent trigger job. Glad I have never had the misfortune to run into him again.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just struck a nerve with me about armorers.

7. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

The 2 guys at the Greeley match the last couple years are great. I had picked up some used G22 mags and a few came with +2's so they put regular base plate son for me and rebuilt another mag also. Unfortunately I have 4-5 older LE/MIL marked mags that the polymer is pulling away from the metal on and they will soon have to be decomissioned :steamed: I hate giving up mags.

8. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

I assume they would expect to keep the mag extensions they just replaced right? If they have them on hand that is.

9. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

They will not keep your aftermarket Pearce bases.

10. jdwatson

jdwatson

I've often wondered how Armorers feel about post-manufacturer changes. I've recently put in a Vanek GSSF Trigger and would be shy to stop by the Armorer's tent at Conyers.

11. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

I don't know the answer to that but it does bring up some interesting thought.

I would think the Armorers would ask you what catagory you're shooting in. And your answer would reflect how they would response and maybe how they might direct you to proceed.

Legally, do they need to replace the part and then give you back the parts and the gun; my guess, no. There are all kinds of souped up Glocks that roam the matches and I'm sure many make it by the Armorers bench.

GSSF is a friendly atmosphere. I expect it stays that way until someone is caught with the wrong stuff or purposely cheating.

If you plan to shoot a division that requires a stock Glock, I recommend getting the Armorer to change out the trigger for this event.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  12. jdwatson

jdwatson

Vanek's GSSF Trigger kit uses all Glock parts. I should be able to shoot any division, note I said shoot not compete ;-), with his parts. I believe DannyR aka Coach also has this setup in one of his guns. Perhaps, he'll chime in with his experiences.

13. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Thanks, I m not too savy with aftermarket stuff.

Your Pierce grip +1 extentions are taking away needed spring pressure and that is the culprit for your FTE most likely. I would strongly suggest you go to the Glock extentions and a longed spring.

I tried the longer spring with the Pierce extentions and they kept popping off when the mag was fully loaded or when dropped.

I haven't had a lick of trouble out of my Glock+ extentions.