close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Arkansas carry laws?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by sjones, Jul 11, 2011.

1. sjones

sjones Millennium Member

Apr 26, 1999
    carrollton,tx
    Taking a trip this thursday to Arkansas,I need to know where I can and can't carry and do they have a castle law?About all I know is that they recognize Texas,so Help me out. Thanks sj
    I should state that I'm coming up for a funeral so I guess church and the cemetary are out? thanks again.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    I hope that this will help you out:

http://handgunlaw.us/

Just click on the map for AR, and you'll find the off-limit places listed at the bottom.

3. sjones

sjones Millennium Member

Apr 26, 1999
    carrollton,tx
    Well,it looks like church is out but I'm still wondering about the cemetary?

4. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    It's probably ok, however if it is a city sponsored area, they can post it and it would be off limits. If the private owner posts it, then you can't carry there either. If not posted, shouldn't be a problem.

:wavey:

red

5. sjones

sjones Millennium Member

Apr 26, 1999
    carrollton,tx
    Here in Texas it used to be that church was out also but they changed it to being ok.I wish it was ok everywhere. sj

6. Edmo01

Edmo01

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Yup, here in Arkansas if "Johnny Jihad" wants to find an unarmed group of people the place to go is a church or a school. Those are "no carry zones" and only criminals will be carrying there.

Edmo

7. Welcome to the natural state Sjones.

We do in fact have a castle doctrine in Ar. We also consider our property (front yard for ex.) as curtilage.

Like many states we (ccw's) have to inform a home owner when entering his or her home that we are carrying a firearm.

I actually have my ccw class paperwork on me (laws, etc) if you need something more particular.

I hope you like humidity.:supergrin:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  8. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

Oct 19, 2010
    Arkansas
    I hope you have a nice stay here in our state, Sjones!

Here's the "Prohibited Places" statute. Be aware that there were some amendments in the last legislative session, but I think they were mostly technical corrections.