close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Arizona - visiting Texan can OC?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Keoking, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Keoking

Keoking
    Expand Collapse

Going to Arizona for a wedding later this year, and should have my Tucker HF1 by then.
    If the mood strikes, I can walk around in public in the Chandler area with a pistol in plain view?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7
    Expand Collapse

Yes, provided you do not go somewhere where liquor is sold and consumed on premises (Applebees, any bar, ect.). You may carry concealed in those places IF you have a carry permit. You can concealed carry or open carry without a permit in AZ.

ETA:http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

#2 xmanhockey7, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Heck, you can conceal w/o a permit. Open carry isn't generally cause for concern.

Only cultural shift for you is that there is no 30.06 sign. Any format that conveys the property owner's wish for no firearms has the weight of law, and it's trespass to ignore it. The signage talked about above deals only with liquor establishments. That's the "licensee" and "retailer" stuff.

4. Pierre!

Pierre!
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

I will wager that anyone who OC's will get the opportunity to meet our fine police department officers...

Just guessing, but that's just me...

5. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7
    Expand Collapse

Actually OC in AZ is very accepted. And even if you are as long as you're not breaking the law what's the problem?

6. RGbiker

RGbiker
    Expand Collapse

And you would lose the wager with me. I OC in Tucson almost daily for past several years without attracting police involvement, without provoking soccer moms to clutch their children and run screaming, without traumatizing children or without harming little kittens.

Of course, YMMV.

7. barnettbill

barnettbill
    Expand Collapse

Lived in Phoenix for 12 years (until '05) never had a problem. Open carry is normal in AZ.

8. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde
    Expand Collapse

Even in the liberal enclaves of AZ (like Tucson, Flagstaff), open carry is common and no cause for concern.

YMMV

9. Keoking

Keoking
    Expand Collapse

I have a Texas permit. If I conceal in AZ, does it have to stay concealed continuously? For instance, I have it OWB on my hip with a open button down shirt as a cover garment. The wind blows up and the pistol is exposed, and then covered again. Is this sort of concealed/OC/concealed situation a violation in AZ?

10. Andrewsky

Andrewsky
    Expand Collapse

No it's not.

11. WacoGlock

WacoGlock
    Expand Collapse

I have a Texas CHL and I stayed in A RV park for 2 years in Mesa.OC and never had a problem. Wish we could get OC here in Texas but I don't see it happening anyting soon.