close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Arizona - visiting Texan can OC?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Keoking, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Keoking

Keoking

Jan 4, 2005
    Rowlett, TX
    Going to Arizona for a wedding later this year, and should have my Tucker HF1 by then.
    If the mood strikes, I can walk around in public in the Chandler area with a pistol in plain view?

2. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Yes, provided you do not go somewhere where liquor is sold and consumed on premises (Applebees, any bar, ect.). You may carry concealed in those places IF you have a carry permit. You can concealed carry or open carry without a permit in AZ.

ETA:http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Heck, you can conceal w/o a permit. Open carry isn't generally cause for concern.

Only cultural shift for you is that there is no 30.06 sign. Any format that conveys the property owner's wish for no firearms has the weight of law, and it's trespass to ignore it. The signage talked about above deals only with liquor establishments. That's the "licensee" and "retailer" stuff.

4. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    I will wager that anyone who OC's will get the opportunity to meet our fine police department officers...

Just guessing, but that's just me...

5. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Actually OC in AZ is very accepted. And even if you are as long as you're not breaking the law what's the problem?

6. RGbiker

RGbiker

Oct 12, 2009
    Arizona
    And you would lose the wager with me. I OC in Tucson almost daily for past several years without attracting police involvement, without provoking soccer moms to clutch their children and run screaming, without traumatizing children or without harming little kittens.

Of course, YMMV.

7. barnettbill

barnettbill

Apr 6, 2003
    Abilene TX
    Lived in Phoenix for 12 years (until '05) never had a problem. Open carry is normal in AZ.

8. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde

Sep 25, 2008

Even in the liberal enclaves of AZ (like Tucson, Flagstaff), open carry is common and no cause for concern.

YMMV

9. Keoking

Keoking

Jan 4, 2005
    Rowlett, TX
    I have a Texas permit. If I conceal in AZ, does it have to stay concealed continuously? For instance, I have it OWB on my hip with a open button down shirt as a cover garment. The wind blows up and the pistol is exposed, and then covered again. Is this sort of concealed/OC/concealed situation a violation in AZ?

10. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

May 28, 2004
    No it's not.

11. WacoGlock

WacoGlock

Jul 26, 2009
    I have a Texas CHL and I stayed in A RV park for 2 years in Mesa.OC and never had a problem. Wish we could get OC here in Texas but I don't see it happening anyting soon.