close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Arguments for the Existance of God

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kingarthurhk, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT_AezDnj-I"]Does God Exist? - YouTube[/ame]

2. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    Another video without a hint of anything an objective person would find convincing.

If it can’t be expressed mathematically, it’s just your opinion.

3. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So, you didn't watch it then?

4. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
  5. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Which parts of this video, in your mind, provide the most compelling evidence?

6. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I think all of it makes a sound argument for the Existance of God. It deals with the Teleological, Moral, and logical arguments. Very well thought out, and well done for about 27 minutes of video.

7. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So, you didn't get very far at all before giving up and looking at the arguments of Dawkins, etc.

8. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Follow the advice of Animal Mother and give us the single best argument and we will start from there. There are a thousand smokescreens that you can put up, so let's not waste time on trivia.

9. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Thinking of proofs of God, I have noticed that none of the mainstream religions seem to offer a proof of God on their church's main web site. I suspect there is good reason for that.

10. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Frankly, there is no point in discussing material with you that you have not taken the time to view. If you think it is a complete waste of time, then I guess this thread isn't for you.:dunno:

11. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    It is a complete waste of time if you can't even pick a best argument. I'm not going to let someone get away with weaseling out of an argument by shifting to another, so I just take them one at a time. Give it your best shot and we'll see if it's even worth going further.

12. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    There is no argument, if you are not going to argue from the OP. The weaseling is not mine. View the material, and then discuss what you have issues with and we will proceed. Beyond that, we really don't have anything more to discuss, as I mentioned in the previous post.

Do the homework, then come with the argument. It is only reasonable.

13. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    The guy in the video, Randy Ruggles, is a salesman.
    http://www.randyruggles.com
    I sat listened to the video as I was cooking, and I'm not buying what he's trying to sell.

Even he admits that "there is some measure of faith involved" @ 3:40.

14. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Tell me which of his multiple arguments you would like to start with. Give me the starting time on the video so I can make sure we are on the same topic and I have absorbed every word of that particular argument.

15. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Just as there must be faith for asserting Atheism. You cannot prove Atheism to be true.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  16. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Press play. When it ends, you will have seen all the arguments. The entire video adresses pretty much all of them.

17. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    The video's whole premise revolves on faith. That's hardly a compelling argument.

BTW, isn't the burden of proof on someone who claims that something does, in fact, exist, not the other way around?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  18. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    I've taken the time to view it, and have been through all these arguments in the past, and it's all the same repetitive stuff that's been extensively shown incorrect many times in the past. Including in the link Guss provided.

I will admit it's odd to hear the speaker invoke Occam's razor in defense of an argument for the existence of the supernatural.

19. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Indeed. Occam argues for simplicity. There is no need to inject a god where it isn't needed.

20. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    If any of those arguments can be shown to be lacking, will it change your faith in God?