close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Arena football player says God told him to burn apartment

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Animal Mother, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
  2. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So he was stoned out of his gourd and decided to blame God. The difference is most people blame God while sober.

3. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Did you not read the article? God told him to set the bed on fire.

4. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
  5. YtownGlock

YtownGlock Rookie

Jan 2, 2012
    "We live in a society where when one talks to God it is called prayer, but when God talks back its schizophrenia." - Fox Mulder, X-Files

6. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
  7. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Then you should have seen where the individual in question reported God told him to burn the bed.
    What does this article have to do with the question at hand?
    Clearly the individual in the original article does believe in God, so I'll ask again, how is this relevant to the question at hand?
    Something, much like kangaroos in the middle east and suppressed scientific evidence, you have claimed yet failed to substantiate with any evidence.

Back to the original topic. We have a first hand account of God telling someone to commit a crime, arson in this case. This contradicts the constant claims by those who claim they speak with God themselves that he would never order such a thing.

8. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
  9. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    I'm fully aware of that. You miss the point.
    Simply examples of idiots making ridiculous excuses for their own fail. Or perhaps severe psychological issues.
    The subject of the excuse is irrelevant. But anyway... here's a "God told me to" for ya.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...-God-told-me-to-quit-Fox-News-or-lose-my-soul

10. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    I didn't read the article.

Since I am sure there is no evidence that God actually told him to do it, I don't see how it contradicts people saying God wouldn't tell anyone to do something like that.

11. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Angry Atheist on a killing spree? I guess he had no belief and therefore no hope.

12. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Unless I am just sleepy and missed it, I don't recall that article claiming he didn't believe in any deities.
    And lets just say for a minute it were true, who cares. That holds about as much relevance as him being a vegetarian, or owning a fish, or liking soccer(should those be true).

For all we know, god told him to do it.

13. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    People who say they've spoken with God are only making "ridiculous excuses"?

14. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    My point to the OP.

15. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Again, even if true, what does that have to do with God's orders in the OP?

16. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    Your point is incorrect. In the OP, the arsonist claimed a command from God as the direct reason he committed his acts. That isn't the case in the article you posted.

17. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    There's exactly as much evidence that God told him to do what he did as there is that God tells others to do things. If we are supposed to accept God's influence in those other events, what basis would we have to reject the will of God in this case?

18. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    To show the depravity that is often associated with Godlesness.

http://www.wnd.com/1999/04/1356/

Kind of like the Columbine Atheist who asked the Theist if she believed in God, right before murdering her.

19. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    How do you know he was an atheist? Another article where atheism is never claimed. He was a nut and was going to shoot the girl anyway, so her answer to his question(no matter what the question was) had no baring on what happened.