close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are you very undecisive?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Folsom_Prison, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Man I know I am, sometimes I feel I'm my own worst enemy trying to decide on my next gun purchase.

I've been stashing some money here and there for a new pistol. I only have a G19 so I want a second one for carry. Lately I've been on a single stack 9mm kick. I was interested in the nano and then I fondled one and wasn't to sure about it.

Then I was kicking around the idea for a LC9 which feels great in my hand. Today at the gun shop I fondled a Kahr CW9 and a Walther PPS. I'm kinda diggin the Walther now.

To add insult to injury he had a Thompson ordanance GI 191 new for 525$ which tripped my 1911 bug again. Seemed like a nice piece but idk much about that model.

Man this can be brain racking. :steamed::steamed::steamed:

I only walked out with a new glock mag.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. icantpick

icantpick Señor Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Florida

3. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Yes??

4. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I love my PPS, it's the carry gun I was searching for all along. Mine's a .40, I'd like one of the tiny wonder 9s too: I'm waiting for the new S&W mystery release before I make any decisions.

5. drumr04

drumr04

Mar 13, 2010
    I'm the same way. I will have my mind set on a gun, go into the LGS, see something cool, and end up buying that instead of what I originally went in to buy...

6. RedNine

RedNine AutomatedSystem

Mar 6, 2012
    Indecisive maybe, but never undecisive. :smoking:

7. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    Wow, your op sounds exactly like me. EXACTLY. I also only own a 19 and am looking for a slim 9. I have been bouncing back and forth between the cm9, nano, lc9, and p290. I pretty much ruled out the 290 because I still haven't heard good things about their reliability. I really wanna like the cm9, but it just feels all stiff and awkward. I don't think I can get the lc9 because of the external safety. I like the nano for the most part, but little things bug me about it... Mostly the fact that the plate on the back (not sure what it's called) is not centered and it has a large gap under it. Also the gun is about as pretty as the monster in that movie "Goonies". Then today someone told me to look at the pps. I have had a mental block against Walther, but I think it's unjustified, and the pps is sweet. I wish it had a shorter length, but it's still a massive size reduction from my glock... And it's the only one I'm looking at that has a reputation for out of the box reliability. And now, with the new xd45 slim, I kinda wanna see if they come out with an xd9 slim... And what's this about a smith mystery gun soon o be revealed? Honestly, I sort of wish there were less options. Haha

8. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Yes, kinda, sometimes, maybe. . but not always, sorta.

Don't even ask how many months I spend deciding on which Android tablet to buy.

9. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    I was dead set on getting a single stack 9mm for summer carry, but got an FNP-40 instead. Oops!

But honestly it has been 80 degrees here in Minnesota the past couple of days and my Glock 26 will work fine for summer. The FNP-40 was a TOTAL impulse buy. I had looked at the same single stack 9's and I narrowed them all down to Ruger LC9 or Kahr CM9 and I eventually narrowed it to the CM9 because it's smaller and I like the trigger much better.

10. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    For me the sig was out due to the price tag, I'm not made of money and not trying to break the bank..

The nano.... Not sure about the grip and I don't like that there's no slide release..

The lc9... Feels great in my hand but I don't care for the external saftey and that loaded when up chamber indicator bugs me.

The Kahr... Feels pretty good in my hand, I like the stainless slide, but I've heard the triggers can be hard to get used to... Idk.

The PPS... Pretty sweet piece! The ambi mag release is cool, feels decent in my hand. The price tag isn't where I want it it what do you do?

I might go the PPS route, gonna see if the LGS can get one. If this single stack adventure fails I'll probably just end up with a G26.

11. Sgt127

Sgt127

Nov 5, 2002
    Texas
    Serioulsy, I own some of the finest handguns made. From revolvers to autos. Then, the thinking starts....What are the odds of needing more than six rounds? The 3" 65 rocks. Unless I am in a store that has a crew do a takeover robbery. I should carry my Glock 19. Except of course, stopping power, I spent all this money on a Wilson .45, why the hell don't I carry that instead. Who would want to carry a 1911? Between the recoil and limited capacity, I would be better off carrying the Glock 19...I sure have seen alot of autos jam in the real world, why not just carry a Smith 65? Ya know, a full stainless revolver gets heavy after awhile and the recoil beats the crap out of my hand, I should just go back to carrying my Sig P239, its in 357 SIG, ballistically, it will do everything the Smith 65 will do AND it has night sights. I am so tired of carrying around all this weight, there is nothing wrong with the PM9. Does that 9mm really have enough stopping power for a gun I might need face to face with a bad guy? I should carry my Kahr K40, at least its a full house .40. Dang, that all stainless .40 gets heavy after awhile, I swear the Glock 19 is easier to carry and has over twice the rounds on board. Or better yet, a 1911, except I am issued a Glock, do I really want to carry a 1911 with a thumb safety? I haven't used a thumb safety since I shot IPSC 20 years ago, am I going to remember to sweep it off if I need it? And on...and on....and on...

12. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Nope. I see something I think I'd like, research it, fondle it at the store, shoot it if I get the chance, and buy it. If it ends up being something I'm not 100% in love with, I sell it and move on to something else.

13. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    You sir I think are worse off than me. :rofl:

I wish I had that many options for carry, I'm just trying to decide in my second pistol.

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Also, if you're in the market for a small 9mm, my PF9 has been perfect over about 500 rounds so far.

15. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    A friend recently picked one up, I can't get past the cheap look/feel.

16. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    Haha. Again, my thoughts exactly. I mean we are talking about an eighth of an inch... Is it really gonna make that much of a difference? And you get 4 more shots, a trigger that I'm already used to, I own holsters that already fit, and mags that will fit. But what if it does make all the difference? What if I end up leaving a 26 at home as often as I leave my 19 at home? When you put them side by side, the 26 isn't really that much smaller... But maybe it's enough smaller... But maybe it isn't...

17. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    You have valid points! I handled a 26 today as well, maybe it's me but I can see where it could be handy. Many claim the 26 is alot easier to carry than the 19, idk.

18. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    I like the G26 because the grip length is so short. For me the width doesn't bother me, and the part of the gun that "prints" the most and affects comfort the most is the grip length. Hard to beat the Glock 26 in that dimension. Width, length, and weight are also considerations but in the long run the G26 really isn't that much bigger, longer, and heavier than the single stack 9's. Plus you get all the benefits of having a Glock.

19. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    I don't have issues with decisions concerning firearms, with the exception of which one to buy 'first'.

My inability to make a decision occurs right around lunchtime.
    "Five Guys??? Chop House?? Fuddruckers??? Chinese?? Snickers bar??"

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

(Get the G26. Very accurate, albeit 'fat for CCW'.)

Just don't shove it into your Mom's boyfriend's face. He'll take it away from you and send you to your room.

20. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    What's undecisive? :tongueout: