close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are you physically fit?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Reyn, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Aug 14, 2001
    Almost Heaven
    Nope. 45 yrs old, married w/ kids, sedentary job, bursitis in rt. knee. Nope.

2. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Aug 14, 2001
    Almost Heaven

so ... what? we have to be nice to you now???

[​IMG]

:supergrin: j/k man, keep bustin' ass. And don't worry so much. People with attitudes like yours are never allowed to check out before 50. Thought everyone knew that. :thumbsup:

3. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    Number 1 Rule for survival in Zombieland: Cardio.

Id say im ready fitness wise (cardio and muscular) for anything I need to do. I dont run as much as I used to, but I could still go out and bust out just about any run or hike needed at a fast pace. Not as fast as i used to, but its hard to retain a sustained 6 min mile without running often.

I think all those 300lb preppers you see on tv and stuff are a joke. They would either die from heart attack the first time they have to run or eat all their food in the first week, assuming they survive the stairs to their hideout cellars.

4. crni4

crni4

Jan 14, 2008
    I lost 30 lbs and 6% body fat last year doing girly exercises cardio kickboxing. At 195 lbs, 6'1 i am in the strongest shape ever. Its nice ti feel this way at 32.

5. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Aug 14, 2001
    Almost Heaven
    They're gonna shoot and eat skinny people.

6. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    I work at being fit, but I don't feel I really am. Most people around me think I am though. I used to run a lot until I got peanut foot (Planters fasciatis). Now I do kettlebells, sledgehammer and tires, sandbags and martial arts.

7. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Not if they run away? I know some will say you can't outrun a bullet, but hitting a moving target in an urban environment may not be all that easy.

8. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    I have lost 40 lbs since November, and am keeping below 1700 cals a day to keep losing.
    Still need to get serious with cardio and strength training.

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Taking a break between reps now. Might as well get a head start on spring.

10. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    Im 43 and doing my first BJJ grappling tournament in May and my first MMA cage fight later this year.
    My strength and cardio are great, im in the best overall shape of my life.
    I may take longer to recover and old injuries stay sore longer, but thats just part of getting old.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

11. Yep, not too bad. Was running about 30 miles a week (12 miles long run), but recently cut back to start to incorporate weight lifting again. I eat pretty well although that can be a challenge at times with being on the road 4 days a week.

-ArtificialGrape

12. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

It isn't? If you don't have legs, I would have to agree, but if you have legs, and can walk, one of the metrics for fitness is your resting heart rate, and your ability to get to 85% over that rate, and your O2 perfusion.

What you got that is going to do that apart from moving your limbs faster than you normally do to increase your respiratory rate, stroke volume and heart rate (and no, sex aint it.... :))

13. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I could stand to lose a few pounds. Drinking beer does that to ya.

14. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    I'm physically strong with very little body fat but cigarettes have me by the balls and if I had to move fast for very long I'd be screwed. Currently trying to convince myself that E-cigs are all I need and not just backup for when I can't smoke.

15. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I'm in pretty good shape. I've lost some strength and weight since switching jobs, so I'm not hitting the gym consistently, but I still can put up over a 1000lb total in SQ,DL and BP so I have most of my strength still. A cold has kept me out the last few weeks with weights and bicycling, but I'll be back at it as soon as this passes.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  16. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Bicycling.

Doc says I'm done running unless I want to get replacement knees, so I thought about it and I'm done running.

Aquajogging, stair master, climber, cycling, elliptical, rowing, there are any number of things that will suffice that do not put the pounding of running on your joints.

17. Chaos

Chaos S.n.a.f.u.

Feb 27, 2002
    South Africa
    No....not even close.
    When doing a bit of range time, I've been told "draw, fire..run 10m to that station and fire again"
    My reply is always "I carry a gun so that I don't have to run"

Chaos

18. Kona2004

Kona2004

Jan 20, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    35, 6'2" & 200lbs. Best shape of my life but still looking to improve. I'm running 30+ miles, doing 3-4 hours on the elliptical and lifting 3-4 days/week. Currently training for a half marathon in May.

19. TravismPGA

TravismPGA

Feb 14, 2013
    Maine
    In someways yes, do I need lots of improvement you bet. I play golf 5-7 days a week in season (which seems so far away here in S. Maine) I walk every round and hit the piss out of the ball. But I need to get to the gym asap

20. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

Mar 11, 2007
    State
    I'm almost 53 and battled IIIc breast cancer eleven years ago. I turned into a shriveled skeleton for a year or so and would spend all day in a chair. I never thought I would live this long and I prepared for the alternate a long time ago. It took a long time to come back, but I'm much more active and ornery than I have ever been. I've been playing hockey and working a very physical job. I walked my oldest daughter down the aisle about two years ago.