close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Are you happy with your 590A1 ?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by glockguns, Jan 29, 2013.

1. RoughTexturedTrav

RoughTexturedTrav Spenser4Hire

Feb 16, 2012
    Rip City
    I have a 590a1 18.5 with ghost rings and an 870 police magnum 18.5 bead with walnut furniture. Both have excellent +2 extensions and upgraded followers and springs. It all comes down to ergonomics, just handle them and load them and pick which one feels better. I like my 870 for it's classic good looks and no frills and my 590a1 because with the speed feed stock and mesa six shell holder i can grab it and have 18 rounds at my disposal.

If i were you i'd go with the 590a1 and add a hogue forend and call it a day

2. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

Feb 17, 2008
    I had a 590 A1, bought new a while back. It was heavy and didn't balance well for me. I'm back to an 870 and an M500.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. burttrans

burttrans

Aug 17, 2012

What complaints? I have one and love it; the only small complaint I have would be the weight it is a heavy gun but mine is for HD, I am not out in field with it carrying it for miles. I got mine new for $480 and could not be happier only have a couple hundred rounds thru it but when it warms up this number will increase.

4. chr_edw

chr_edw Holster Maker

Aug 11, 2006
    Broken Arrow
  5. burttrans

burttrans

Aug 17, 2012
    Sorry but your wrong! Mine is Blackwater 590A1 20 inch 8 in tube, one in chamber, 4 in speedfeed stock with XS ghost ring sights. All Blackwater may not be A1 but mine sure is!

6. XshooterX

XshooterX

Oct 24, 2012
    Really? My neighbor has one, and it has the heavy wall barrel, metal safety and trigger guard, and bayo lug. Plus, it says 590A1 on the receiver. Are you thinking of the Thunder Ranch 500?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    I had one and liked it.... But I went back to 870's.

8. M&P Guy

M&P Guy

Mar 5, 2012