close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Are these a cracks or just mould seams???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G20_Elvis, Jan 17, 2013.

1. G20_Elvis

G20_Elvis

Jan 7, 2013
    Hello all,

While cleaning my G20 the other day, I noticed the what initially looked like cracks in the frame around the trigger hole. In talking to Glock USA, their opinion is that they are moulding seems. These so-called seems are perfectly straight, so I understand that they may very well be there from the manufacturing process (and that i just never noticed them before), but I would like to be sure. Can anyone look at the pictures and tell me if these are anything i need to worry about? Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Jun 13, 2006
    Texas
    Looks like molding seams to me. Take off the slide, grab the front of the pistol, and grab the back half. give it a good twist while looking at the area in question. If they are cracks you should see them open up. I know it doesn't sounds very scientific, but a glock frame will flex enough to show if they are cracks. TXPO

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

3. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    :agree: SJ 40

4. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    When the frame cracks, it is obvious, ugly and jagged-- it will not crack in a fine straight line barely visible to the eye, that also just happens to be 90 degrees to something else.

5. M 7

M 7

May 22, 2012
    Agree with everyone here. Mold marks.

6. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    I wouldn't worry about it, look's like molding seam's to me.

7. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    You noticed that while cleaning? Geez tone down the gun ocd...

Normal

8. G20_Elvis

G20_Elvis

Jan 7, 2013
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the insight from you all. Definitely nice not to have to worry about that anymore.