close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Are there any Kentucky State Police Troopers on here...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RussP, Oct 28, 2011.

1. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    1/4/2012 Update here...

I need to pass some information on to the Capitol security force about someone coming to visit the upcoming legislative session. He's stated, "I have settled on what I will wear when I go and see how the Kentucky Legislature works. Kentucky allows the open carry of firearms in the capital building. Since I have been threatened it will only be natural to wear my iiia vest. Multiple magazines with m855, and of course a silenced ar pistol on a sling."

The image he posted is below.

Just thought y'all might like to know he's coming.

Here's a link to his announcement: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72743&p=733243#p733243

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    Why not call them?

Post 12 (Frankfort) Phone Number: (502) 227-2221

3. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Not that I am begrudging him carrying anything but, why is he going in there outfitted for a war zone? I get threats from dummies occasionally myself in my position. Yeah, call them direct and give them the information. Maybe they can calm said fellow down a bit.

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Oh. My. God.

I'll bet I can guess who's coming to dinner. No way two guys on this continent can have the same warped world view and patterns of speech.

5. Sam Spade

May 4, 2003
    Yup, I called it.

My advice would almost---almost---be to keep quiet and let this thing get handled with a certain degree of finality.

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Ah, interesting.

7. p.d.

p.d.

Aug 4, 2009
    Dry Ridge, Kentucky
    Is this the orange muzzle guy from Tennessee?

8. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Pm sent. Post 12 isn't the responsible area. The capital has its own folks for executive protection. Some are uniformed, many are not. I did a class with several folks from KSP recently, one of whom is the assistant commander of their academy (also in Frankfort) . Ill let him know.

Also, a former coworker and good friend is a Frankfort PD officer. He will get the message, as well.

9. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    By the way, as is common with most state police agencies, KSP has a well deserved reputation for having a very low tolerance of idiotic behavior. Leonard's actions here will not go as well as they have in the past, should he trifle with them. Furthermore, these guys are the governor's protective detail, and they usually don't get flack for their....aggressive negotiations....with morons.

Lastly, Kentucky is a gun friendly state, and LeLeonard's actions won't change that. Perhaps the capitol security detail can find a reason to not allow him, based on his prior behavior in TN and GA.

10. The-Fly

The-Fly The Bofh

Apr 27, 2005
    Colorado
    What a tool. I'm as pro 2A as they come, but just because something is legal doesn't mean you should do it....

11. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Regarding his comments about resisting arrest. He might want to brush up on Kentucky law before his visit. Specifically, KRS 503.060.

12. OGW

OGW NRA, SAF

Aug 23, 2004
    N.W. Lower Michigan
    That jackass needs to be in a locked, padded room before he hurts someone. Too many loose connections to be operating armed in public.

<---NAC

13. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    He painted the whole ****ing gun orange.

I have saved it to my computer just in case.

14. Sam Spade

May 4, 2003
    No. First he painted the muzzle orange so cops would be slow to shoot him. Later, after he got thoroughly beat up in the forums, he painted the gun orange and the muzzle black.

15. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    Any chance of getting this loon committed? A judge's order would hook up his gun rights too, for awhile.

16. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    Well, that's 3 hours of my life I'm never getting back... And the thread was so stupid, I think it gave me cancer!

On a side note, I cannot believe this idjiot hasn't been adjuticated mentally defective (oh yeah, defective, not deficient) as of yet. I can think of at least 3 mental health professionals that would put a 72 hour hold on him, and probably say he's got some high functioning Asbergers or some such if he pulled his nonsense in MI. Guess we'll just have to wait until January to see how this all plays out.

The sad thing is, one of these days, he's going to get what he wants: an honest-to-God confrontation involving gunfire. I just hope for his sake he's the only one hit.

17. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Maybe Kentucky will keep him and Tennessee will have one less fruit cake for Chirstmas!

18. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    You're right. I wasn't very clear. I remember he started off with just the tip.

I remember too much about this guy. I remember him walking through a town that allowed open carry of a pistol as long as it was a cap and ball pistol. In his hand.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  19. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    This is the orange tip guy...? Ugh.