close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

are pastic water bottles toxic long term?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by kalifornia, Feb 22, 2012.

1. kalifornia

kalifornia

Jul 25, 2010
    I would like to store water long term, and have read plastic bottles leak toxins into the water. Is there any prepackaged water that is believed to be safe or do I have to DIY? And if I have to DIY can you link to me a tutorial? thanks gents

2. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

3. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Theres a move on to get BPA out of plastics, what ever that is…and the thicknesses are getting thinner.

I use food grade plastics, like those gallon tropicana orange juice containers, hosed out and filled for cheap, easy to transport and inventory water storage.

4. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    My opinion from casual second-hand research so far is that "BPA" is just another chemophobia scare.

5. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
  6. Grayson

Grayson

Jan 18, 2006
    This. I'm less concerned with water going toxic, than buying water in "green" containers that will spring a leak if you so much as give them a stern look...