close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Are Libertarians Complete Idiots?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G29Reload, Nov 5, 2013.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Right now the "Libertarian" candidate is holding a solid 8% in VA election returns.

The candidate, name of Sarvis, is apparently a stalking horse for the democrats, a plant, a complete fake, fraud, phoney. Funded by a major Obama bundler. A bag man's candidate who follows more lib/democrap agenda than anything libertarian.

In other words, Libertarians blindly pulled the trigger for this guy without even bothering to find out who he was and what he stands for. A tax raiser, big government, etc.

And the real perfidy is the tools who voted for this charlatan (who even Rand Paul was warning about) could have voted for a real conservative in Cucinelli who may end up losing to Dem bagman McCaullife.

The vote splitting caused by this clown may yet cost KEn Cucinelli the election. If so, thanks a lot.

2. Look, libertarian's are mostly just Marxists, I'd wager at least 80% of the so-called libertarian party, are just Marxist/Leninist's working hard at being usefully idiotic....

3. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I thinkin this case they're more like inadvertent marxists. I like a lot of the libertarian stuff, but in this case it appears they're so happy to see the L on the ballot that they don't bother to check and VALIDATE who it is.

Even before the expose made the press on the financial backing, info was out about how he was a big government tax raiser, etc.

IOW, if you're libertarian, FINE, but CHECK for Gods sake. Someone just stole their flag and they could have gone with Cucinelli who is for lower taxes, is against expansion of government (read: More LIBERTY!) and he was the first one to file suit against Obamacare. Up until John Roberts re-wrote the COTUS, Cucinelli had beaten the government and eric holder's justice department. Sound reasoning, hard work, etc. Rand's old man even stumped for him.

Pay ATTENTION, people! CHECK who is behind the label!

4. EOS

EOS

May 30, 2012
    Central Kentucky
    I'm afraid you're painting with a broad brush.

Not every Libertarian lives in VA. But I can assure you if I'd found out that the Libertarian candidate supported mileage taxes, I'd know something was fishy.

But I'd say its time for republicans to stop blaming Libertarians for their failure to produce a candidate worth pissing on to extinguish a fire. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire mobile app

5. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

Thanks a bunch. Libertarian vote-splitting by a candidate BANKROLLED BY THE DEMOCRATS will result in a solid conservative and pro-gun Republican candidate losing to a total slimeball of a liberal Democrat in Virginia.

Your "principles" have totally undermined all our interests. :steamed:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  6. elliotb33

elliotb33

Sep 2, 2011
    well said

7. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    In this case, the shoe fits. Perfectly. They didn't produce one…at ALL…and were made complete fools of by the Dems who used them.

And the R's produced a GREAT candidate. He may yet pull it out, but an anti obamacare, pro gun, lower tax candidate with principles is exactly who Ken is.

8. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Libertarianism is a fantasy ideology that has absolutely no hope of ever existing in the real world.

It sounds good and looks good on paper, but is impossible to achieve in real life. That's just not how the real world works.

9. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    It's a sign of the crumbling Republican brand. You give people an alternative to D and R, and a significant fraction of people are going to jump at it without knowing anything else. The Democrats are clever enough to leverage that fact, the Republicans just aren't.

A political phase change is coming. These are just the first signs.

10. The Libertarian Party is a hoax and it's members are fools.

Even Ron Paul finally realized this a quarter of a century ago, when his final effort on the Libertarian ticket got only 0.5% of the vote.

11. jay29

jay29

Jul 6, 2002
    Third parties are vote splitters. This is just another fine example.

Virginia is for retards.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    They've been saying that ever since David Nolan vomited his libertarian swill onto the American political scene back in 1971.

It hasn't happened yet?

13. And never forget it...

14. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    I think most of us following the events in VA already knew Sarvis was an obvious fraud. The fault lies with the GOP. Nobody considers them worth voting for anymore, since the majority of them are just Democrats with a different party label.

Much like you did with Romney. You know, the guy that invented Obamacare?

15. jay29

jay29

Jul 6, 2002
    Stealth communism right before our eyes while most Americans are to busy with their cookies and milk families while watching entertainment tonight and sitcoms. Americans are truly stupid people.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  16. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    So, libertarians didn't want the republican candidate for govornor, and didn't vote for him.

I, being a libertarian, still voted for the republican, even though I don't want him to be our governor, and the democrat beat the republican anyway. Which is what everybody predicted would happen.
    No surprise.

17. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

But over 138,000 of your peers didn't, and this race will be decided by less than 30,000 votes. :upeyes:

18. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    Republicans don't represent libertarian values. Why do republicans think libs owe it to them?
    Do republicans also think democrats should be voting for them.
    The reason republicans don't get libertarian votes is because they don't represent libertarian values. It's a different party.

19. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    Hmm, wonder if he can make good on his gun control promises...I may choose not to live in that state now