Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

are JETHRO reloads safe for glock

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by vic2_187, Jul 8, 2005.

1. im curious? has anyone shot jethro reloads thru their glock 19? and is it safe? i used to have a sig 226 before and their reloads ran perfectly. im just curious if anyone has any bad experiences with jethro's(alabang) reloads and their glocks... thanks
  2. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    As long as you use an aftermarket barrel that is fully supported (like the barsto), i guess there is no problem with reloads specially lead heads. My experience with Jethro, Stronghand and Tue Weight are A-Ok. They use good components, good equipment and they have years of experience.

3. isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Reloading boils down to three factors: 1) Components, 2) Equipment, 3) Human Factor.

No matter how famous the name of the gunstore if careful attention is not followed on these three factors, reloads are no good.
  4. vega

Sep 29, 2001
    I have a shooting buddy who uses Jethro reloads for his G30. He had 1 squibb before and he was doing double tap. The squib loads first and you know what happened on the second tap. Jethro paid half the cost to get a new barrel. I'm not saying Jethro reloads are bad, it could happen to any reloader. There are not many reloaders there in PR so you don't really have a choice unless you want to invest on a reloader.

5. i feel like..scared to try reloads...makes me have these second thoughts of using reloads for my G23. what do you think? in my HK USP 9, im fond of using reloads coz the HK really doesnt compromise.
    With my Glock, i think i'll be using brand new ammo all the time. Though it would be very expensive.
  6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003

for reloads, gauging your ammo using your G23's barrel would certainly minimize the risk
  7. vega

Sep 29, 2001
    Don't buy those after market gauge. Your barrel is the best guage.