close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are HK's Really Superior?

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by ColCol, Jun 1, 2012.

1. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Or,......simply replacing the Glock with an HK or a 1911

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

3. maxmanta

maxmanta
    Expand Collapse

It would result in a worldwide steel shortage.

4. dogmower

dogmower
    Expand Collapse

i bought a registered receiver hk91 (g3) from a friend years ago, knowing the barrel was pitted by someone using corrosive ammo. not trashed, but not nice and shiny either.
    anyway, i thought i would someday have the barrel changed out for a new one, but money got in the way. long story short, i cooked up some 168 grain handloads for it and it shoots .5-.75 MOA all day long. i doubt any other self-loading 308 battle rifle would do that, even without a pitted bore. every single hk rifle, even the clones, i have shot are all 1 MOA or less. hk pistols are nice, but for my money, the rifles are really where the extra cost is justified.

5. nathanours

nathanours
    Expand Collapse
    Texan

Well let's see... a 440 HP 'vette performs incredibly differently than a 110 HP Vega, and has a higher price tag to reflect that.

A $500 Glock has slightly more inherent accuracy from a rest and a better trigger than a $900 HK. It makes sense to buy the less expensive item if it outperforms the more expensive one, as is the case with HK and Glock. However, since this isn't the case with the Vega and Corvette, your analogy makes absolutely no sense... :dunno:

6. deeHKman

deeHKman
    Expand Collapse
    "It Is Written"

Yep i did....

7. BADOS

BADOS
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure HK is a fine hand gun, in fact I was interested in buying one. But I just couldn't justify the difference in price between the HK and Glock. I decided to go ahead and order the Glock 30S.

8. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

I take it you've never actually owned a HK then?
    [​IMG]

#288 barth, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  9. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

What car do you drive? Do you live in a $45k home?
    Do you drive a basic $14k Yugo, or a more expensive model? Do you live in a 900 sq ft,
    one beadroom home or a larger & more expensive one? I'd much rather defend my loved ones
    with a weapon that I believe is superior. Yes, the cost is greater, to me, it's worth it.

If you are content with a Glock, that is great, I am just happy you are
    willing to defend your loved ones and yourself. I really do not care what you
    decide to carry or defend your home with. But look at it like I do for a minute.
    Many seem to have the same thoughts as I do.

A Glock is a good weapon, an HK is a great weapon.

#289 faawrenchbndr, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  10. iLift45's

iLift45's
    Expand Collapse

My Hk 45C worked on by Grayguns is the most accurate pistol I've ever shot! It's that good! Hk lives up to the hype.

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I hear Gray does outstanding trigger work!

12. iLift45's

iLift45's
    Expand Collapse

That's probably an understatement! The man is a genius! He did both my Hk's! Spoke to him yesterday and getting ready to send my Mark 25 out to him. Worth every penny!!

13. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I followed his work with other platforms, never with HK.
    You are correct as well, he is an amazingly talented PistolSmith

What did you have done to your trigger? Thinking of sending my P30

14. iLift45's

iLift45's
    Expand Collapse

This is straight from his site.

Heckler & Koch Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package – $365

Comprehensive action refitting and smoothing work, full feed and reliability package; gauging of safety and sear engagement values and assessment of condition; sight regulation and thorough range testing.

This package includes an internal over-travel stop as necessary and a 12lb mainspring is provided for a reduced DA trigger pull of proven reliability when tested with your carry ammo. This package includes our Proprietary Reduced Reset providing approx. 40-45 percent reduction in total trigger reset and reuptake travel while maintaining Firing Pin Block integrity and all other factory safety values. Includes refinishing of all fire control parts with Nickel PTFE for the smoothest and most durable action possible. (Note: Some parts like hammer and axle will be externally visible.)

This package can be applied to the following Heckler & Koch pistols including: HK USP, USP Compact, P2000 or P2000SK, P30, P30L, P30S, HK45, and HK45 Compact, and is applicable to all DA/SA, SAO, LEM or DAO action variants.

My single action pull is around 4lbs and double is around 10lbs. There is no creep in the single action. The reset is so short. It's fantastic. The action is smooth as glass with his Nickel ptfe coatings. I had him install Dawson Precision sights with the fiber optic front. I don't know which one I like better. The full size or compact. You will love it!
    —

15. Shadow106

Shadow106
    Expand Collapse

I've owned one P9S, three P7's, one USP, and three USP compacts. All were excellent, classy weapons. But....I sold the compacts because they just do not work for me for some reason. Go figure.

16. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

Me too. Two USP Compacts in .45 and two P7 PSPs. Sold all of them. Great guns but just not something that I choose to keep long term. The P7 is such a unique gun that nothing else really is like it. I prefer a commander size 1911 to the USP Compact in .45 ACP. Just a better overall felling gun than the USP IMO.

17. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

You meant MK 23 right?

:cool:

18. iLift45's

iLift45's
    Expand Collapse

Nope the Mark 25. It's the Navy Seal Sig 226.

19. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Ok, I was "thinking" HK.....:supergrin:

20. deeHKman

deeHKman
    Expand Collapse
    "It Is Written"

There is a member on HKPro who had his P30's done by GGI and is very happy!! I just put the lfpbs in both mine and the da/sa was much better...but even before i liked the P30s trigger :cool: Bruce even shot HK's in competetion awhile back.