close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are Gen4 G17's also having EXTRACTOR probs like Gen4 G19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MGman, Feb 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MGman

MGman

Curious...been reading so many posts regarding Gen4 G19 Extractor problems and how LWD Extractor is the way to remedy the issues.

BUT are G17 Gen4's having the same extractor issue or JUST Gen 4 19's?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Some but it would appear to a much lessr degree. Also a listed have been G23's, G26's, G27's and even a G30. Most appear to be the G19 as a whole.

3. bentbiker

bentbiker

While the LWD extractor appeared early on to be a cure, later buyers had little or no success. One poster says it was because LWD actually had their inventory mixed up originally and were shipping out a .40 extractor to 9mm buyers. There have been recent reports that the most current 9mm extractors no longer have a dip in the top edge, and perhaps Glock has finally relented and gone back to the original design/mfg-process/QC or whatever.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  4. sentian

sentian

I've shot hundreds of rounds through my new gen4 g17 that i purchased 3 weeks ago. The only time i have any ejection issues or erratic brass patterns is with my 'training' rounds (3.4 grain universal, cci SP primers, 124 grain LRN). When i used my 'ipsc 130 power factor' rounds (4.6 grain universal, cci SP primers, 125 grain TMJ) I have absolutely no issues whatsoever. I figure the action not cycling properly is the culprit of most user issues, which can be caused by low power ammo or improper grip.

My glock came with the latest RSA and ejector pin too.