close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are gen 4 26/27 receivers and slides compatability

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dbrown214, Jun 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dbrown214

Dbrown214

Sorry but I searched everywhere and could only find information about gen 3 to gen 4 compatability...not gen 4 to gen 4.

I have a Gen 4 26 and a Gen 4 27. I am a little (ok, a lot OCD) and I partially scratched up my receiver on my G26 when replacing the extended slide lock lever. Ive replaced those things a million times, but for some reason this one was a PITA to get out.

Anyways, I was wondering if I could simply slide my Gen 4 G26 slide onto my Gen 4 G27 receiver without any modifications or would I have to change out the trigger mechanism/ejector parts on my G27 receiver?

Thanks in advance!

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I wonder why GLOCK makes different ejectors for different calibers? Could it be because the brass has different dimensions?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

3. GaryC

GaryC

You would also need to change the ejector.

if the change is permanent you can just swap the Trigger Mechanism Housing w/ejectors between the two pistols. If you are going to move it back and forth, you might want to buy a spare to use instead.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=123022&CAT=748

Also, if you don't want that scratched up G26 lower, you can gift it to me :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012