close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are all religions represented here...?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by brokenprism, Aug 23, 2012.

1. brokenprism

brokenprism
    Expand Collapse

I gather that since this forum is for 'Religious' Issues, it represents a diverse group of people and positions. Since I'm new here, I'll ask. Are there any Christians in this crowd? Any students of the Protestant Reformers? Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX
    Expand Collapse

Yes. We respect and hate all religions equally.

3. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to GTRI. If you have "Religious Issues" we will field them.

I enjoy talking about whatever faith people might have. Seems like the most vocal of the Christian sects is the SDA.
    I have reformed myself right out of the religion of Christianity.

You are welcome.

#3 NMG26, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  4. brokenprism

brokenprism
    Expand Collapse

: ) I've read your posts, and I respect your opinions. I'm tired of religion being a don't-ask-don't-tell experience. We should be able to talk about everything.

I'm a door-to-door missionary's worst nightmare -- an informed Calvinist. That's controversial even among orthodox bodies, so I often find myself on the spot. I don't force, cram, or resort to insults, but sometimes the mere act of standing firmly for what you believe is interpreted as a hostile act.

I hope we'll engage.

#4 brokenprism, Aug 23, 2012
  5. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Yeah, that about covers all of them.:whistling:

We have several times as many different religions in the average prison as we have here. This is pretty much atheists, protestants, catholics and a jew or 2.

No odinists, rastafarians, satanists, vodouists, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, none of the many African/Australian/American native religions, not even a Muslim or Scientologist. The list of religions we don't have is probably hundresds of times longer than the list of religions we do have.

If we need more diversity, I do have a Satanic Bible and find their beliefs more acceptable than christians, so you can call me one if you want - I'm not, but I probably know more about them than anybody you've met who claims to be one or, especially, anybody who claims they "used to be."

#5 Bren, Aug 23, 2012
  6. youngdocglock

youngdocglock
    Expand Collapse

I worship firearms, and large engines. You respect my religion i will respect yours.

I have made this post on my phone. If I spell like a two year old. Blame Android. Not me :)

7. brokenprism

brokenprism
    Expand Collapse

My Dad, a religionless liberal (unless you count his political persuasion as a religion), would put me in your camp. This gives him TWO reasons to look down on me. ; )

8. brokenprism

brokenprism
    Expand Collapse

I don't get this. What did I miss?

This is curious. Why would an atheist haunt a forum like this? For instance, I'm not a dentist, so I don't read journals on orthodontia. If it's not about 'religion' per se, or a quest for knowledge on the road to conversion to something, it must be about something else. Malicious mischief? Real anger? Or just the "Issues" part of Religious Issues? I'd be interested to know. I had a roommate once who took pleasure in goading me to ... something. Respond, whatever. He thought of the most blasphemous things you could say, said 'em, and then watched. I disappointed him consistently.

9. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Why should atheists be left out of the fun? Atheists often have "religious issues". There are two threads a few down on this page about atheism being a religion and atheism not being a religion.

Atheists tend to give very thought provoking arguments about faith. I am often challenged by them and am glad they are on this board.

#9 NMG26, Aug 23, 2012
  10. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

I think there are a variety of reasons atheists post here. Maybe they are fearful that God might exist so they want to keep telling themselves and everyone else that He doesn't. They certainly wouldn't want to be accountable to God.
    Some may be actually seeking to know God and don't know how to find Him. Some are afraid of what religion and politics have done in the past and threaten to do in the future.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you are a Truth seeker.

11. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Are you joking or trolling? The "I'll pretend I don't get it to draw out some BS debate" thing is way overdone on the internet already.

Just in case you are half serious - the forum is religious issues. Most of the people on earth are not christians and religion is an issue for all of them. For those who don't believe in any religion, the issue is mainly having to deal with those who do and having to live under governments dominated by them.

You don't have to be schizophrenic to be interested in psychiatry.

#11 Bren, Aug 23, 2012
  12. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Are you serious?...:dunno:

Atheists know as much about faith as an ant knows about rocket science.

13. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Not so.

Many atheists were theist at one time. Many atheists spent years as theists.

Many atheists are only partial atheists. They are agnostic on some issues.

Free your mind from small mindedness.

#13 NMG26, Aug 23, 2012
  14. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Sounds like you're making excuses for atheists?

Free YOUR mind from non-believers.

15. AlexHassin

AlexHassin
    Expand Collapse

watch the news. all over the world their are religious people makeing issues for others.

as for what i am, im pretty solidly in the athist end of the spectrem but will say im anything if it helps me get laid. so i have been; jewish, christian pagan, catholic, protostant, muslim, jedi knight. i think that is it

#15 AlexHassin, Aug 23, 2012
  16. JerryVO

JerryVO
    Expand Collapse

Anyone representing the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

http://www.venganza.org/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

17. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Wrong again.

I was adressing your post in which you say "atheists know very little about faith (paraphrased)".

I can not free my mind of "nonbelievers".

I've seen Christians claim to be proud "infidels."

Everyone believes in something. Faith is a rather large and wonderful subject. We put faith in people, institutions, ideas, and pretty much everything. I like atheists and the way that they challenge my faith. I am not ashamed of that. It is healthy. A faith unchallenged does not grow to be a true love of God.

#17 NMG26, Aug 23, 2012
  18. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Whatever.:wavey:

It's just that I don't need my faith in God validated by an atheist.

19. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

I did see something a while back from a Soldier who got it on his dog tags and was allwoed to keep his spaghetti monster book as a religious text in basic training. None here, unless you count all of the atheists.

20. High-Gear

High-Gear
    Expand Collapse

I don't have to be an expert on French Fashion to see the Emperor isn't wearing clothes! :tongueout: