AR15 Spring Kits In Stock

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Ruggles, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTT AR15 carbine buffer and spring for rifle buffer and spring Gun Parts & Accessories Feb 12, 2015
    Springfield AR15 General Firearms Forum Nov 14, 2012
    WTB AR15 A2 buffer,tube,and spring Wanted To Buy Aug 8, 2008
    Best AR15 Mags for best price? Black Rifle Forum Aug 17, 2015
    WTS: Lone Wolf 9mm Glock complete AR15 upper Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 9, 2015

2. Thanks. Been looking for a spring kit for about a month. Ordered one.

3. Cole125

Silver Member

DPMS parts? I'll pass, no way anything DPMS is going in or anywhere near my rifles.

4. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

Like everyone else DPMS buys their springs. My uneducated guess is most xyz kits all come from one or two main suppliers. I have a few diff kits and springs all look the same

5. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

That's seems to be the conventional wisdom. If you get a couple kits of different brands, you'll notice that the small package inside the display package, is basically the same from one brand to the other: especially the pins. I suspect that is how they are shipped to their perspective marketers.

DPMS parts installed on a Rock River Arms: BAD.

DPMS parts installed on a BCM: GOOD.

Bravo Company actually sells DPMS, RRA, and Stag parts kits.

6. Mil spec is mil spec. If they're good enough to meet them, what's the big deal? I'd buy a kit, but then I'd have to buy an AR15 to put them in.

7. I have used several different parts kits. I didn't notice much of difference in the springs and pins. But I did notice big a difference between the trigger units, bolt catch assemblies, etc.

I think it is not true that most of the parts kits out there are made by the same manufacturer. There are just too many differences in the finish color and the texture of the finish/metal. Also, the molding injection metal cavities on trigger parts and bolt catch differ in size and sometimes are placed differently.

#7 Made in Austria, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  8. I really don't care who makes a repair kit springs. If one of my ARs goes down with a spring issue I would rather a spring of unknown quality than no spring at all. This is a "emergency" repair kit for me, not a build kit. It's $8 and in stock right now, in today's AR world what's to complain about with that :)

9. P99er

P99er AKA PPQ'er

So true

10. Out of stock until June.

11. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem
    2. Show Me Glockers

They do however have some buffers and springs in stock now.
    Just snagged me a couple heavy buffers and carbine springs.

12. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

I'm not talking about trigger kits or major parts. It just seems all my spring kits seem to be the same springs. I am not a fan their rifles, but their springs work just fine in my BCM rifles

13. Good score, I grabbed some of those a couple of weeks back as well. Heck I keep this up I will have enough spare parts for 3 times the numebr of ARs I have :rofl:

14. Don't try to argue with stupid people. It often leads to frustration.

15. Why is that?

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Exactly.

I have one of the DPMS ultimate repair kits (or whatever they are called) so that I have all of those parts 'just in case'.

17. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem
    2. Show Me Glockers

I can't speak for the quality of DPMS rifles as I have never had one of them.
    I can however state that some of the small steel parts I have purchased that were DPMS were just as good as anything else.

I highly doubt there are more than a handful of companies that make some of these small parts though. I would be shocked if just about all the springs on the market are not Wolff. I would be shocked if the DPMS buttstock parts I bought were not the very same parts that go into high dollar rifles. There really isn't many ways someone can screw up a steel part.

Even my buffer tube that is made by DSArms, is just about the same at the VLTOR tube since DSA makes them as well.

18. I just got one of those kits in the mail today from Midway, seem like a great little repair kit to have on hand. Also a Houge grip, Wilson 5.56 muzzle attachment and a DPMS A2 stock kits for my 6.8SPC AR arrived:)

19. And you might be wrong. I thought Vltor's 5 position tubes were 7075, the RE1 was impact extruded 7075-t6. I used one in a build and made sure back then. I notice now that Vltors site doesn't mention what they are made of nor the a5 tubes. Most DSAs are 6061, half as strong, milspec in size only.

http://beta.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=518025

"DSArms makes buffer tubes in both 7075 and 6061 that said 95% of all our sales are 6061. As a matter of fact we don't even do runs for 7075 anymore no one wants to pay the extra for it. If you must have a 7075T6 call:
    Colt or LMT those are the only 2 that I know that use 7075 Vltor does from time to time also. "

#19 humanguerrilla, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  20. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Ignore him.. he is trolling... They are fine to use.