Glock Talk banner

AR15 Question

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  brzusa.1911 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about getting an AR for a while, I am very clueless on what to look for...which ones are good or bad. In a budget of no more than $1500 for the riffle alone (separate budget for accessories and ammo) what is your suggestion?

#2 ·
For $1500 you can get a nice rig depending on what you plan to use it for.
For a professional Rifle look at the Colt 6920 or 6940, LMT or Smith & Wesson are fine too. Looks like a LesBaer avatar? IMO paying for a name wont get you a better rifle, just less money to spend on ammo.
There are many speciality AR's but without knowing what you plan to use it for, I wouldn't know which direction to send you.

#3 ·
For $1500 you can get a nice rig depending on what you plan to use it for.
For a professional Rifle look at the Colt 6920 or 6940, LMT or Smith & Wesson are fine too. Looks like a LesBaer avatar? IMO paying for a name wont get you a better rifle, just less money to spend on ammo.
There are many speciality AR's but without knowing what you plan to use it for, I wouldn't know which direction to send you.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am a big Les Baer fan for 1911s but am not considering the LB ARs. The rifle is for HD / SD / fun at the range. I have received suggestions to build my own but I am very crude and have no idea of where to start. What do you recommend? Should I venture into build my own?If not asking too much, what would be a list of top end parts I should look for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.