close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AR15 Question

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by brzusa.1911, Jul 31, 2010.

1. brzusa.1911

brzusa.1911

Jun 22, 2010
    I've been thinking about getting an AR for a while, I am very clueless on what to look for...which ones are good or bad. In a budget of no more than $1500 for the riffle alone (separate budget for accessories and ammo) what is your suggestion?

2. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    Roaming
    For $1500 you can get a nice rig depending on what you plan to use it for.
    For a professional Rifle look at the Colt 6920 or 6940, LMT or Smith & Wesson are fine too. Looks like a LesBaer avatar? IMO paying for a name wont get you a better rifle, just less money to spend on ammo.
    There are many speciality AR's but without knowing what you plan to use it for, I wouldn't know which direction to send you.

3. brzusa.1911

brzusa.1911

Jun 22, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am a big Les Baer fan for 1911s but am not considering the LB ARs. The rifle is for HD / SD / fun at the range. I have received suggestions to build my own but I am very crude and have no idea of where to start. What do you recommend? Should I venture into build my own?If not asking too much, what would be a list of top end parts I should look for?