close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AR15 chest rig vs. Court?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by RedRyder21, Jul 26, 2011.

1. RedRyder21

RedRyder21

Oct 26, 2004
    Ozarks
    Hello Mas!

I am a rural property owner with around 100 acres. My favorite past time is walking around my property and just checking on things. I always carry a handgun with a magazine or two and I usually take my AR15 with me. 99% of the time my walk is uneventful, but I have run into feral dogs, evidence of a homeless campsite, and one group of people trespassing collecting gin-sing.

So, I started carrying an extra AR magazine or two. Now I'm looking at better ways to carry spare magazines. I am considering this simple SKD chest rig. http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_M4_Chest_Rig_LE_3_Mag_p/eag.563.htm

Question is, have you ever heard of a self defense shooting where a "chest rig" made the person in a negative light? With all the new popular rifle training classes and chest rigs I think it would come up evantually.

Thanks! :supergrin:

I am sure a magazine carrier on a belt would work for spare AR magazines, but I like the weight off my waist.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Haven't run across anything like that with the chest rig personally.

best,
    Mas