close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AR Sling Mounts ?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by VaGlock, May 31, 2011.

1. VaGlock

VaGlock
    Expand Collapse

How many of you use a sling on your AR? What set up do you use? Last question, are the $30+ mounts much better then the $10 mounts or is it the name you are paying for? I don't mind paying for quality but I dont have money to waste.
    VaGlock

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. boomhower

boomhower
    Expand Collapse

I have Daniel Defense endplate mount and use the built in QD mount on my rail. In general when it comes to accessories you get what you pay for. Pay $10 for chinese junk and that's what you get.

3. CarryTexas

CarryTexas
    Expand Collapse

I have been doing a ton of research on slings and mounts and I have settled on the Magpul ASAP & the Magpul MS-2 sling.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat
    Expand Collapse

5. VaGlock

VaGlock
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking that would be the answer but I thought I would ask. You never know until you ask.
    Thanks
    VaGlock

6. RMTactical

RMTactical
    Expand Collapse
    www.AR15pro.net
    CLM

It just depends. What type of sling are you looking to get? Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

7. VaGlock

VaGlock
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, will do once I figure out what I am looking for.
    VaGlock

8. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin
    Expand Collapse

Yep, Earl (the owner) takes care of his customers.

9. mjkeat

mjkeat
    Expand Collapse

Every time Ive received an order theres a hand written "Thank You" signed by him on the invoice. How many other companies do that.

10. TedG

TedG
    Expand Collapse
    Infidel USA

I use the Israeli Defense Sling and I don't have to be concerned about mounts. They're real-world tested and extremely practical. And, they are inexpensive.

[​IMG]

11. trlcavscout

trlcavscout
    Expand Collapse

I have been debating what sling system to go with. I didnt want to unstake the castle nut on my new BCM since they do such a good job on it so that eliminated the ASAP and MS2 I would have gone with. So tonight I was playing around with a 2 point setup but didnt like the left/right transition so I made my own single/two point. It will only be used as a single point though. I temped the rear attachment on the MOE stock since it will be getting switched out soon. But its fully functional and the whole thing cost me $0, which I really like. Like I said the rear attachment is still gonna hook to the stock but will be different. It is even padded.

[​IMG]

12. AK_Stick

AK_Stick
    Expand Collapse
    AAAMAD
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

I run the standard sling point on the front, and around the loop on the standard carbine butt stock on my M-4 at work.

At home I've got a MS-2. Really all depends on what you want.

13. boomhower

boomhower
    Expand Collapse

For a sling I use a Vickers. Look at your uses before going with the magpul MS2 it's narrow and gets painful with extended wearing.

14. CarryTexas

CarryTexas
    Expand Collapse

Slings of this type are only for transitioning to a secondary weapon or briefly performing some other task. It isn't designed as a means to carry your weapon.

15. WayaX

WayaX
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

The Vickers sling is my favorite sling out there. The Magpul MS2 is useful for a weapon that you know you're not going have to keep slung for hours on end. I have both, and I use both. However, I have 3 Vickers and 1 Magpul.

As for mounts, the Magpul ASAP was only so-so. The extra metal piece rattles, and the plate was difficult to stake. I switched it out for an I Kick Hippies SLAP plate. For a front attachment, I use the Magpul RSA and an HK-style clip.

16. Hedo1

Hedo1
    Expand Collapse

I also prefer the IDF Sling over all others I have used. It's practical, easy to configure and quiet. It is also made to support your AR, all day if need be, in a comfortable manner.

#16 Hedo1, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  17. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

I use a 2-point VCAS sling, rear attached to SOPMOD, front attached to rear QD swivel socket on DD Omega.

[​IMG]

#17 Captains1911, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  18. VaGlock

VaGlock
    Expand Collapse

Thanks everyone, that really gives me the options I was looking for. Your suggestions will help me make up my mind. The rifle showed up today, It is a BCM recce 16, with the full Troy handguard/ rail.
    VaGlock

19. MajorD

MajorD
    Expand Collapse

the vickers tactical website has a good tutorial on slongs and what is best based on Mr. Vickers real world experience. On an M-4 set up nothing wrong with the standard GI sling hooked to the top loop on a carbine stock and a side sling adaptor of G.I. style