close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AR rookie question

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ronin_the_great, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Probably should of asked before I ordered(damn impulse buys!), but when you buy a stripped lower, all you need is a "lower parts kit" to complete it, right? Install the parts kit, and upper of your choice, and stock of your choice, and you are good to go?

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Sounds about right,.....add mags and bullets and you're set. :supergrin:

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    Make sure the stock includes the buffer, buffer tube, and spring. If it says stock kit then you should be ok. If it is just a stock it may not include those things.

4. Just a carbine. Nothing real fancy. Found a Stag stripped lower for $100 at Dynamic Armament. Figure I'll get a Magpul lower build kit next, and then a Stag complete upper from DA as well. Only brings me to approx. $725 total cost plus shipping, before sights, and mags. And since I'm a newb to AR's, I figure building the lower will help me get a better grasp on the moving parts should something go south on me later.

5. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

May 27, 1999
    Oh, USA
    AR15 tool to install the carbine stock.

6. I may have misspoke. Carbine length is what I meant. It will have a collapsible stock. That being said, do I need something fancy to install that like an ar tool?

7. thunderbat

thunderbat

Sep 5, 2006
    OH
    AR multi-tool would be good to have or at least the carbine stock wrench for the castle nut.