close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AR-15 noise level

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by PoorSSJ, Nov 5, 2009.

1. PoorSSJ

PoorSSJ

Apr 27, 2009
    I'm thinking about hunting deer with my AR-15 and am curious as to how loud they are compared to a 30-30 or a lever action 44 mag rifle. My AR is a DPMS .223 with the standard flash suppressor. I'm thinking the AR might be much louder due to the rifle/barrel end design.

Thanks

2. Bitmap

Bitmap Millennium Member

Mar 15, 1999
    I don't know about the fine details of how one caliber or rifle compares to another but I do know that all of them are loud enough to justify ear protection even when hunting. Electronic muffs are a lot cheaper than hearing aids. The difference in volume probably wouldn't be noticeable to someone 100 yards away.

3. luv2brode

luv2brode

Apr 12, 2008
    what is the length of barrel it makes a diff. my 16 inch is louder than my 30-30

4. Mouth

Mouth

Aug 9, 2009
    Kentucky
    In my opinion it doesnt matter.... All guns are loud, you're most likely only going to get one clean shot anyways. If you can hit well with it, use it if you want to.

I wouldn't hunt with an AR, but thats just me.