close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AR-15 book?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock 1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    Awhile back I was reading a thread about AR builds and one of you posted the name and author of a great book about AR's. I confess I forgot the name and I cannot locate that thread now.

Someone posted and said it was the hands down best book about the complete AR experience. I would like to buy this book but need the name again.

Anyone know what it is?

2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
  3. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    That's it! By Kyle Lamb. Yes, thank you. Been busting my grey matter looking for that post for 2 days. :wow:

Are there any others? Consider me a beginner. I want to read up on AK's and AR's before I buy anything. Is Patrick Sweeney's stuff accurate?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  4. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Green Eyes Black Rifles is a great resource. The Magpul DVD's are another one. Larry Vickers has some DVDs out now, too (but I don't have much info on them).

The other thing you'll want to do is take a course from a quality instructor, they're worth more than 100 books.

5. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    Instructor is a great idea. I ordered the book. I know next to nothing about rifles. I have been around pistols all my life. I want to buy an AR and an AK and I want to read up on them before I make my purchase.