close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AR-15 book?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock 1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    Awhile back I was reading a thread about AR builds and one of you posted the name and author of a great book about AR's. I confess I forgot the name and I cannot locate that thread now.

Someone posted and said it was the hands down best book about the complete AR experience. I would like to buy this book but need the name again.

Anyone know what it is?

2. John43

John43

Sep 9, 2010
    Murrells Inlet SC
    Green eyes and black rifles?

3. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Was is something by Glen Zediker?

4. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    That's it! By Kyle Lamb. Yes, thank you. Been busting my grey matter looking for that post for 2 days. :wow:

Are there any others? Consider me a beginner. I want to read up on AK's and AR's before I buy anything. Is Patrick Sweeney's stuff accurate?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  5. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Green Eyes Black Rifles is a great resource. The Magpul DVD's are another one. Larry Vickers has some DVDs out now, too (but I don't have much info on them).

The other thing you'll want to do is take a course from a quality instructor, they're worth more than 100 books.

6. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    Instructor is a great idea. I ordered the book. I know next to nothing about rifles. I have been around pistols all my life. I want to buy an AR and an AK and I want to read up on them before I make my purchase.