close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Applied for the perfect job today, prayers needed.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TN.Frank, Jan 9, 2012.

1. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Just got home from the unemployment office and put in for a job at a local pawn shop. I've bought, sold and traded stuff there for over 16 years so they know me(may be a good thing, may not be,LOL) and I get along with the folks that work there pretty well. I even called up a guy that I deal with there a lot and let him know that I put in for the job so hopefully he'll put a good word in for me.
    Funny thing was I was just thinking how cool it'd be if they had a job opening and low and behold, they do. Anyway, pray that the Good Lord sees fit to sway the hearts of the folks there that'll be in charge of hiring so that I will get this job. It'd be a perfect match for me and after being unemployed for over 2 years it'd be really nice to get back to earning an income. Anyway, that's all. Thanks.

2. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

Good luck to you!!! I finally found my "perfect job" a couple years ago and I now realize what it means to love going to work :) Hope it all works out for you

3. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Feb 21, 2010
    Kansas
    I hope you get the job Frank....looking forward to going to work is a great thing, unfortunately I do not. LOL

4. fireslayer23

fireslayer23 Roadwhore

Jun 2, 2000
    USA
    Good luck!

I applied for my perfect job last month. Now I just have to play the waiting game.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
  6. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Already did. I hope it works out well for you, and it turns out to be everything you want it to be.

7. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I just think the funny thing is that I was just thinking to myself this weekend that it'd be cool if a job would open up at Dave's Pawnshop and you could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out today at the unemployment office that there was indeed a job there. Not be be "religious" or anything but it was almost like God was whispering in my ear this weekend about this job. They need someone who can do retail, I did retail at AutoZone for over 2 years and have done retail at Martin's Uniform in Phoenix, AZ(selling firearms too) and at The Sportsman off of Camelback and 19th Ave in Phoenix, AZ. also selling firearms. I have a ton of firearms knowledge and also know guitars pretty well since I've played since age 5.
    I couldn't make up a better job then this one. Even their Cookeville store is just a block or so away from where my works so if they needed me to work in Cookeville I could ride into work with her. This would just be such a perfect job, it would really be an answer to prayer if I can get it.

8. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

Jun 30, 2011
  9. D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

Feb 29, 2008
    Good luck Frank!

Be careful working somewhere that sells guns though, its all too easy for your paycheck to mysteriously vanish before it ever sees your bank account :supergrin:

....Oh hi Mr. mint Colt Python! You’re looking really looking great. Yes your trigger really is wonderful. What’s that? No, sorry, I don’t have any money on me. Sor…Paycheck? What are you doing here? Oh God, RUN! RUN PAYCHECK RUN! NOOOO!!!! Oh God… there’s so much blood…..so much….

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  10. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Already mentioned that to my wife but I told her I'd not buy anything until all our bills were caught up and we had a bit of extra cash put back. Of course after that all bets are off,:rofl:
    I just hope I can get employee discounts or even be able to order stuff like primers and powder at dealer cost. That would help to stretch my dollar a lot further.

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  12. I don't pray but a good luck to you is in order.

13. TheRogue

TheRogue

May 25, 2009
  14. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    good luck to you. ive seen where many folks around here got jobs that paid less than their unemployment checks did.....sad as that is...

15. ws76133

ws76133

Mar 14, 2009
    I am praying for your job opportunities. Please keep us posted.

16. repo4sale

repo4sale

Jul 26, 2011
    California
    Frank, good 4 you. :wavey:
    Many others out there should work as hard getting a job as on it... then the % unemployment will go down. As for those on well-fare, food stamps, Section 8, and other forms of Govt. assistance, I know Obama-economics sucks, especially since he just broker the $7 trillion over spent line of credit mark. :tongueout:
    $7 trillion over budget for 3 years, that's the OVER BUDGET EXCESS FOR 3 YEARS... not the total... Each year is about $3 trillion x 3= $9 trillion plus $7 trillion = $16 trillion in 3 years! :rofl:
    I think I'll just wallow :crying: in my "vacant land" like a wild Pig/Boar and pray Obama is kicked out in Nov. 2012.

17. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I am sorry to hear you're unemployed, good luck.

My wife got laid off due to cut-backs last year. She is working part time right now for about half the pay a person with her education should earn.

18. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

Feb 22, 2002