Glock Talk banner

Apple questions?

654 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BrushyBill 
#1 ·
I have just gotten a new machine. Questions: Often when I open a window (using FireFox), only half the screen is filled. How does one make the page occupy the entire screen?

Also, can one use Morpheus or Limewire on an Imac? If so, should I use FireFox or Safari?

How do I download the Apple Dictionary?

Finally, I should have paid more attention to the sticky about backing-up. Just lost 20 gig disc. Hence the new machine.

#2 ·
Originally posted by Romadoc
I have just gotten a new machine. Questions: Often when I open a window (using FireFox), only half the screen is filled. How does one make the page occupy the entire screen?

Also, can one use Morpheus or Limewire on an Imac? If so, should I use FireFox or Safari?

How do I download the Apple Dictionary?

Finally, I should have paid more attention to the sticky about backing-up. Just lost 20 gig disc. Hence the new machine.
Limewire is available for the Mac. I don't use it, so I don't understand what Limewire would have to do with Firefox/Safari.

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/downloadfree2.shtml

Sorry to hear about the probs with your previous machine..

IGF

#3 ·
As far as "maximizing to the entire screen"... Mac's won't normally do that.. the "green" button is "optimize", not "maximize". Hitting it once will generally increase the screen size to whatever the application deems "best" for optimal viewing. For some apps, hitting it again goes to a different mode (iTunes, for example).

Generally, when I see people hitting Green looking for FULL SCREEN, they're windows folks.. Not to say that you don't necessarily really WANT fullscreen.. but.. I have to ask it.. why would you want that? It's especially weird on a widescreen monitor, where I've seen my Windows friends constantly want to fullscreen, when it would actually really look like crap..

For what it's worth, you can always manually resize.. just grab the bottom right corner and do what you will...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.