Appendix carry.

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by NEOH212, Mar 5, 2012.

1. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mas, What is your position on this mode of carry? As a women, I find it uncomfortable and I find that the draw is kind of awkward for me and the gun seems to print too much. Am I missing something? Why are there so many proponents of this mode of carry? Is there really a advantage to it?

Thank You! :wavey:

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote

Appendix carry seems to be a love it or hate it thing, with little middle ground. It's true for males, and true for females. Build, wardrobe, and habituation all enter into the decision.

Good news: very close to the gun hand when the latter is at midline of the body...very defensible in an attack for the holstered gun...readily accessible to support hand if gun hand/arm is compromised...relatively easy to reach if you're caught in a bear hug or need to draw while rolling on ground wrestling with opponent.

Bad news: many find it uncomfortable...requires closed front garment for good concealment...seatbelts may get in the way while driving...not allowed on many ranges, or in some shooting disciplines, such as IDPA...and a lot of people just can't abide a holstered gun whose muzzle is oriented toward their private parts or femoral arteries.

Hoping the above has been helpful,
    Mas

3. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Very helpful Mas (as always!)

Thank you!