close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Apology to Kel Tec

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Viper 1, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Viper 1

Viper 1

Aug 24, 2011
    I posted a thread yesterday titled beware of Kel Tec. It was hasty and due to frustration but out of line.

The pistol was new and unfired but had a slide issue. A tech called this morning and immediately identified the problem which was an over torque issue of the frame halves. It was not a defect but a simple assembly operation and is very easy to fix. The tech continued by saying it would probaly have fixed itself at the range after 50 or so rounds.

They were very helpful and considerate, even apologetic and I owe them and some members that responded to my thread an apology.

This is my first Kel Tec product and certainly not my last.

Thank you!

2. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    That's very big of you viper! It's very easy to bash, especially, when aggravated, we've all been there. Again, very big of you, to rescind your original statement. But I meant every last word about Taurus!:supergrin:

3. 4 glocks

4 glocks

Jun 29, 2010
    I have called KT twice they were helpful each time. They do have limited hours.

4. it takes a big man to step up and admit he made a mistake.
    i respect a man that can do that.

5. D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

Feb 29, 2008
    Good to see someone being man enough to admit when they've made a mistake :thumbsup:

6. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Glad to hear. Keep us updated! I really wanna hear how it works...I think it would be a very fun plinker...or with 30 rounds of 22mag(which I have heard can be loaded to .380 effectiveness) would be a very good HD/purse gun for a female shooter..

--->this is in reference to the pmr30 right?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  7. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Jan 12, 2010
    Southern New England
  8. I can see why you'd be short tempered Viper. I'm glad you got it sorted out. The apology is a really nice thing to do. Enjoy the new pistol!

9. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

Jan 6, 2008
    Glad everything worked out. Yes, KelTecs do need a break in period, and there are sometimes issues, but the company is one of the most responsive and friendly companies I have ever dealt with from a customer service standpoint. I had a gun that wasn't firing some hard-primered Russian ammo and just in case it was the gun's fault they replaced all the internals (as in EVERY moving part and some non moving) no questions asked. I dropped it off late one day, and the morning two days later it was ready. It would have been sooner had I dropped it off earlier in the day.

10. Novocaine

Novocaine

Jun 10, 2004
    Yeah, it's big of you. But assembly defect is still defect. How many times you hear parachute manufacturers say "No prob. It would've fixed itself in fifty jumps or so"?

That they have known easily fixed problem and do not bother fixing it speaks volumes to me.

11. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    Much better thread than your last one. To bad you can’t change the title of your other thread. That will probably still get more replies just due to the title.

I own two Kel-Tec’s, and have never had a problem nor have I really heard anything negative about their CS.

12. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    Thanks Viper1.

Posting while emotional can have side effects. I can relate! :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

13. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts

Let's not be too hasty.

14. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Easy to do. Just
    - Edit your initial posting
    - Then select 'go advanced'

And you can edit the thread title.

But this is only IF you are the person who started the thread.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

15. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Glad to hear they helped to solve the issue.

16. For some reason I'm a keltec fan so I'm glad to hear.

My experiences have been positive with them!!!

17. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    I have a P3AT that I had an issue with when I first got it years ago> I sent it back they fixed it and now it runs 100%. I'm still a little miffed that Keltec didn't sue Ruger because the LCP is like a P3AT twin copy? Nothing against Ruger but how about coming up with your own designs. :whistling: