close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anything new regarding the 5.7?

Discussion in '5.7 X 28mm Club' started by Kuroineko, Nov 12, 2010.

1. STLGLK

STLGLK
    Expand Collapse

Glad to see the response....you beat me to it!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. QB

QB
    Expand Collapse

An old thread but I'll pop it back up to the top. I have a couple of PS90s and my indoor range lets me shoot them on the handgun lane (yeah, only 15 yards but better than nothing). With 50 round mags they are really fun to shoot. I buy ammo by the case and get 2000 rounds shipped to me for $730 which isn't bad (in my opinion). My PS90s have been with me a long time unlike other guns I've churned. I have the triple rail models (one black and one ODG) with Aimpoint H-1 optics. One has a LaserMax Uni-Green also. I love bullpups.

3. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap
    Expand Collapse

As someone who has had an interest in the gun/round for a long time, specifically for a ski pistol, I think the thing that sort of holds it back is the obvious; cost, but also, when it first came out, all sorts of outrageous claims were made about it supposed superiority to every ballistic concoction from the .22 LR to the .600 Nitro Express.

Then little by little folks started using them and found they are what they are; high speed .22's, good for what a highspeed .22 is good for, but not necessarily the Be All and End All of pistol rounds.

For myself, I mulled it over for some years and then recently bought a G20 specifically for my ski pistol. I am still curious about the 5.7 tho and might yet get one.

20 rounds of relatively high velocity .22 has a lot of useful applications for me.

4. sk65

sk65
    Expand Collapse

I'm seeing them locally for around $975 to $1050, but I still hesitate since I'm not sure how easy it is to find ammo.
    And like it has been stated, is there any use other than fun target shooting?

5. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1
    Expand Collapse

You can load your 9mm to 2,200 FPS? your entering .308 territory with 147 grain bullets.....

6. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
    Expand Collapse
    Beretta 92 Nut!

Yes, I have never seen 9mm move that fast before.

7. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

Some of the 9mm frag rounds (i.e. mag safe) can get near 2000 FPS but that is 50gr ammo, not sure folks are reloading that. :whistling:

I have never seen FMJ / JHP 9mm get near 2000 FPS, that is what the 5.7 does. It gets FMJ / JHP to those speeds.

8. G33

G33
    Expand Collapse
    Frisky!
    Millennium Member CLM

Always find a few 9mm people who want to rain on other calibers.
    Silly.
    Why not live and let live?
    :wavey:

9. 1911gobang

1911gobang
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmm.....
    20 + 1 of serious velocity, serious penetration, and virtually NO recoil?
    CCW is enough of a reason to own one...especially if you can comfortably carry a spare mag....

I really want a FiveseveN, but the dadgum rugers, smiths, and glocks keep intercepting my "rathole stash":supergrin:

Maybe soon....