close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anything better than creatine?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by BCR, Oct 9, 2005.

1. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Dec 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I tried creatine quite a few years ago and got decent results. I'm not much into supplements anymore other than protein powders and bars.

I haven't really been following the supplement scene over the last few years.

Is there anything newer out that is proven to safetly help add mass and muscle size? Not looking for the "supplement of the week", but something with proven results.

Or is there a new form of creatine that works even better? I remember every company kept reinventing it. The last time i took it it was that creatine serum that you put under your tongue.

I've revamped my stale workouts and have been eating much more protein and calories now that winter is getting here, and am ready to start making gains in lean mass again.

2. I really like VPN's estertized createne caplets, in combination with NOexplode. When the caps run out, I'm gonno go ahead and use the NOexplode in combo with the NItrix, and Cellmass.
    I'm also using vpn's 0carb protien powder and Trioplex bars to help supplement my eating.
    I also had good results with creatine (mono hydrate), it just takes so much to be effective.

Dan

3. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

May 11, 2001
    Farmington, MI
  4. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Dec 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Wow! 56 grams of protein and 80 grams of carbs?!?!?! Don't know if my stomach can handle that.

Did it upset your stomach at all? Does it really mix instantly like it says?

It didn't mention creatine in the description, but I may have missed it.

5. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

May 11, 2001
    Farmington, MI
    It's actually not too bad on the stomach, ON whey is much, much worse. I use two scoops of it and one scoop of Muscle Milk when I make it, the Muscle Milk smooths it out.

6. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Dec 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Might have to try it.

How many grams of creatine does it have? It didn't state in on the DPS site and even the cytosport site didn't state it.

7. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

May 11, 2001
    Farmington, MI
    It's two or three grams per serving which should be plenty, too much seems to mess up the stomach.

8. Data

Data poachers beware

Jul 6, 2001
    down south
    I would try Green Bulge by Controlled Labs. Its some pretty good creatine. Check it out.

9. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Dec 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Well, just for grins and giggles I took your advice.

Got me a jug of the chocolate and it tastes ok enough, and doesn't seem to mess with my stomach. Mixes instantly too.

Right now I'm taking half a serving before I work out, and half after. Might "up" it in the future.

Thanks for your input. I already like it much more than Muscle Milk.

10. John McClain

John McClain

Sep 30, 2005
    Results from creatine are directly related to how much creatine your body retains naturally. If you eat a lot of red meat, there's no reason to supplement creatine. All I ever really got from creatine in water gain, which is what it's supose to be, but that was only the first time. Unless you want to get into real chemicals, lots of protien is your best bet.

11. Data

Data poachers beware

Jul 6, 2001
    down south
  12. margo

margo

Jul 19, 2000
    Savannah, Ga USA
    There's the "new" creatine, the CEE, or creatine ethyl ester, it's not supposed to have the side effects of stomach upset and water retention of the monohydrate stuff, and you're supposed to absorb more of it cause it's attached to an ethyl ester group.

13. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

If memory serves me correctly the body will waste anything over 30 grams of protein per meal. Currently I take Champion NutritionÂ’s Whey Protein Stack after a work out and I'll drink Muscle Milk before and during the work out.

14. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The best workouts I've ever had in my life were when I was using ephedrine. I could be dead tired from studying and working and it would get me so jacked that I couldn't stand still.

15. B_Easy

B_Easy

Oct 17, 2005
    Stimulants are great, but are more for cutting than for bulking up.

If you wanna lose weight, stimulants are the way to go.

If you wanna gain weight, creatine and protein are the only natural supplements that are gonna make a difference. NO2 will make *some* difference, but not much.

Prohormones and steroids are the only supplement I'd invest my money in, if I was looking for significant size and strength gains.

Note: not all steroids have to be injected, and not all oral steroids will destroy your liver.

If you want great strength gains, OK size gains, with minimal side effects, I highly recommend you look into Anavar.

It's 17-alpha-alkylated, so it doesn't exactly make your liver *happy*, but it's prescribed to patients with cirrhosis, and it's the most mild of all oral steroids.

No water retention, very little bloat, minimal size gains, but GREAT strength gains.

You could stack it with Primobolan for an all-oral cycle.