close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone w/ a Barska 3-9 Scope?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by jhertzler, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jhertzler

jhertzler

Jan 11, 2009
    Kansas
  2. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Well expect to get trashed for not buying the latest wis bang, Tacti cool opic for your AR.:whistling: I don't own that scope but I do have two of the 4x Barska's on my A2 uppers. They work for me, they of course are not tacti cool cause they didn't cost $500 plus and don't wear some Tacti cool name plate or loggo! If it helps you put the bullets where they need to be it works!:supergrin:

3. BBJones

BBJones

Mar 2, 2010
    I am not going to trash him or the scope, but you are getting $71 worth of scope. As long as you don't expect more out of it you will be happy. If it happens to go **** up, you only lost $71.

4. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    These questions are best asked before you make a purchase. It’s not my intention to trash you but I would not own or recommend a Barska product. I feel they are cheaply made and will not stand up to much use. With optics, you really do get what you pay for.

5. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Since you asked....

I had one. Worked acceptably at 3x, looks like complete dog crap at higher power with much distortion. To the point anything over 6x was useless. I included it "no charge" on an AR I sold and will never own another.

I hope you have better luck.

6. jhertzler

jhertzler

Jan 11, 2009
    Kansas
    The adage that you get what you pay for is especially true for optics. This has really been true for the binoculars and camera lenses I've bought. However, every once in a while, I've been surprised at the good quality of some of the cheaper optics I've bought. We'll see how this goes. Maybe OK, maybe not. jrh