close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone using this mag release on thier 10/22?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by dkf, Jul 8, 2012.

1. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    I'm looking at picking up the Power Custom extended mag release for my 10/22 I got a few weeks ago. Work good?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/70...ine-release-ruger-10-22-10-22-magnum-titanium

Havn't had my 10/22 that long and I already added a OE aluminum trigger housing and a cnc trigger w overtravel screw from Clark Customs, polished all the internals and made a buffer. Now I want to upgrade the mag release.

2. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    I put one similar in mine long time ago, was the only way I could get the mag out.

3. I have the extended one that came with my arch-angle stock. Work fine, the newer 10/22's come with an extended mag release, and my new one functions really no better. It just matches my stock. Personally, I wouldn't spend the money if your 10/22 already came with the longer release. If you have the old-school button, it's worth every penny.

4. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
  5. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    Mine is the later version without the button but is still a little cumbersome for me to get under it to release the mag. The OE release seems to be angled back too much. Plus the OE is plastic and I replaced the plastic trigger housing and plastic trigger with aluminum pieces so I wanted to step up to an alum release also.

I think I'll just get the one in the link I posted and give it a shot.

6. Decguns

Decguns

Dec 29, 2003
    NC
    When I had a 10/22 accurized back in the 90's, they put on one of the plastic extended mag releases on the rifle. Definitely makes changing the bulkier mags, like the Ram-Line 50rd and the 60rd tear drop model easier.

Probably the best mod they did, at least at the time, was drilling a hole in the rear of the receiver so you can clean the barrel from the chamber end. Wish I had a dime for every time someone told me I voided the warranty with that mod. 20 yrs later... that receiver is still going strong even with the invisible hole (you can't see it with a stock installed).

7. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    I'm going to drill the hole in mine next time I have it torn down. I did do the modification to the bolt lock that releases when you pull back on the bolt. The first time I shot the gun I knew the bolt release setup had to be changed. Pushing the lever to close the bolt was a PITA.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012