close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone using the Troy 1-point sling?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by cooden, Jun 21, 2011.

1. cooden

cooden

Feb 8, 2010
    USA
    Anyone using this sling?

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=423

If you have it, is it comfortable? Do you like it better than the Magpul MS2? If I have the ASAP plate, can I attach it to that? Does it seem well built?

It appeals to me because of that heavy padding that looks comfortable. That MS2 is just not comfortable for long periods of time. When I shoot the AR side matches for IPSC, if a lot of guys are shooting it, I take my rifle off because that MS2 just digs in. I never go to 2-point, just use the 1-point setup the whole time.

2. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

Jul 10, 2007
    I do not have it, but yes, it will attach to your ASAP.

3. cooden

cooden

Feb 8, 2010
    USA
    Thanks for the info! I am going to order one and see how it feels.

4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    I liked it but went to a Voodoo tactical single point because it has some give for muzzle strikes. You may not need that capability, the Troy is well built and a good value.

5. cooden

cooden

Feb 8, 2010
    USA
    When you say muzzle strikes, do you mean whacking someone with the muzzle? I dont have a need for that, but does the voodoo have any better cushioning than the Troy? I really want something comfortable to wear during my shoots & also something that I can move with when shooting the stages.

6. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
  7. cooden

cooden

Feb 8, 2010
    USA
    Non compliant, lol!! :nutcheck: I appreciate the suggestion. For my application, I want more padding--so the Troy is being ordered.

8. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    Gotcha, I find the stifness of the Troy makes transitions a little awkward at times try it out.