close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone using a Galco Speed Paddle?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by The Habit, Feb 25, 2012.

1. The Habit

The Habit كافر

Feb 18, 2005
    Virginia
    Found a pretty good deal on a Galco Speed Paddle. Figured I'd solicit some opinions lest I order it only to have it end up in the box o' failed holsters.

Looks pretty good from the pic:

[​IMG]

FWIW, I'd be using it with a G27. Anyone have one of these? Impressions?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Galco paddles don't hold (to the belt) as well as more aggressive designs like the blackhawk serpa, but if sized to the belt you're wearing, they perform more than adequately. I regularly wear a galco fed paddle on duty, in rotation with safariland, serpa, and crossbreed supertuck holsters, depending upon what I'm doing and how I'm dressed.

3. valian

valian

Oct 18, 2003
    US
    What i do not like about Galco speed paddle holster is that there is only 1 retaining tab for the belt centered in the paddle, unlike other designs with 2 located toward the edges. This allows the holster to rotate back and forth putting the gun at various and odd angles.

My favorite paddle is the comptac kydex.

4. tuf8seconds

tuf8seconds TEXAS COWBOY

Sep 1, 2010
    TEXAS/FL
    Where are you planning to order it from?????.....I have been considering a Galco SPD286 for my G33......

5. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

May 10, 2002
    Indiana Arms and Ammo has great prices.

6. I found that the paddle is too small which makes the holster unstable. I had one for a commander size 1911 and it flopped around too much.