close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone using a Dillon BP550 basic press?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by HexHead, Dec 11, 2011.

1. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    I'm just starting out and using a loaned RCBS Rock Chucker. I think the BP550 will give me the flexibility I'm looking for, and I can upgrade, like with a powder drop later. Any feedback would be appreciated

2. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama Fuhgettaboutit

Dec 31, 2010
    Fuhgettaboutit
    Don't have the basic but the regular 550 already featured out. Love it. Use it for multiple calibers.

3. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

Jul 30, 2011
    I went from an RCBS single stage (years ago) to a Dillon 450. Then on to a 650. You won't believe how much nicer it is to load with the 550.

4. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    Years ago I bought an old used Dillon 450 at a gun shop and loved it. I eventually upgraded and bought a 550 straight from Dillon. I like that one so much I bought the parts to upgrade my 450. Now the 2 presses are mounted on my bench. I use the older one exclusively for my 45acp because I shoot that the most, and the 550 I use to load a bunch of other calibers. Edit: Just wanted to add when a couple parts broke on the old 450, and this thing had to be 20 years old, I called up Dillon and they asked me to send them the parts and then replaced them with new parts and I was rockin and rollin again. Gotta love that lifetime no BS warranty. They have done well by me.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011