close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

anyone use Site Build It! (SBI) need help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Nickotym, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Nickotym

Nickotym BillofNeeds?NO!

Nov 19, 2002
    The Land of the Free?
    My brother set up a website for our business before I came on with him. The person who set it up used Site Build It http://secure.sitesell.com I would not have touched SBI with a 100ft pole if I had been around.

I am trying to backup our site without going and downloading the source for each page and downloading each image file. I can't find any way to save it off of sitesell.com. If anyone has worked with this outfit, let me know so I can get all of it saved off their servers and get ready to switch to a better hosting company this fall.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nickotym

2. Nickotym

Nickotym BillofNeeds?NO!

Nov 19, 2002
    The Land of the Free?
    I can't even find anything on sitebuildit to use ftp to download our site. They make it easy to do some things, but almost impossible to do others. I feel like a kindergartener when I use their control panel page.

3. JimmyN

JimmyN

Sep 29, 2006
    Virginia
    You could use something like httrack or wget.

I've used httrack, it will download everything from the site and even change the links so you have a local working copy that will function the same as online.
    I have used it to put a copy of a website on CD so the site could be browsed without an online connection.

And it's freeware so it doesn't cost much to give it a try.

4. Nickotym

Nickotym BillofNeeds?NO!

Nov 19, 2002
    The Land of the Free?
    I used "save webpage as" on firefox, not great, but it worked. I guess when we change hosting next year it will give them an idea what we are looking for.

Still want to find a way to make sure we are saving all our files off Sitebuilder. I don't think I got all of our image files off Sitebuilder.

5. Nickotym

Nickotym BillofNeeds?NO!

Nov 19, 2002
    The Land of the Free?
    Jimmy,
    How do I use wget, is that only usable with linux? I have used it in linux, but how do I use it to back up a website?

I assume httrack is pretty user friendly and can find instructions on their site.

6. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    wget for windows/linux/mac? would work.

although, i don't think it wouldn't grab any java/other scripts that the host may be using/allow you to use, but it's better than doing it all by hand.

ah, JimmyN beat me to it :)

here's a pretty thorough windows tutorial for installing and using wget:
    http://seogadget.co.uk/download-your-website-with-wget/

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  7. Nickotym

Nickotym BillofNeeds?NO!

Nov 19, 2002
    The Land of the Free?
    Thanks guys, wget did the job. We are backed up.