close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone use IPCop?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mfackler, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Just wondering....Anyone here use IPCop? I use it at work and at home and it does exactly what I wanted.

2. saber41

saber41 Guest

IPCop is great, I'm presently using it at home.
    I've also set up several IPCop boxes for friends.
    I used to run Smoothwall (v1.0),
    I still have to try the final release of Smoothwall v2.0 one of these days but for now I'm happy with IPCop.

You cant go wrong with either one...

3. grantglock

grantglock /dev/null

Feb 20, 2004
    Iowa
    i use it at work, about 25 computers, works great, never had a problem.

4. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Apr 26, 2001
    Lewisville, TX USA
    duh, what's it do?

My dad's computer has the w32beagle virus, and I might have to help him get rid of it.

5. IPCop is Linux operating system used to make an extra PC the firewall/router for a network.

6. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    Hey, geminicricket?

Have him take his IE over to Trend's Housecall site.

He can probably get it out himself; Bagle32 isn't all that tough to remove.

He should be able to figure out the cutter apps Washington recommended if that doesn't do it. The Trend HC thing is important since he may have other virii he doesn't even know about.

7. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    I have read where SmoothWall 2.0, when fully patched, is quite a bit more secure; but IPCop is reportedly pretty good for non-critical (read business/financial security) purposes.

8. I like Trend Micro Housecall but it hangs or doesn't run on some machines.

9. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    Yo, DC--

When that happens you just have to navigate to the Temp folder and delete the old Trend entry there.

Seems the older version borks the new engine somehow, and also keeps the newer detection engine from installing.

That has worked on every PC I have ever had hang at 95%!

Try it and see if it works for you.

Best regards,

FastVFR

10. I got Housecall to run again on my Windows XP machine.It did take a long time.I ran Housecall on my Windows 98 SE machine four years ago and it found an infected file.Now Housecall will not work at all on the Windows 98 SE machine.Housecall did find an infected file on the XP machine at one time too.I've run other antivirus programs and scanners since and all looks good now.I use Linux and BSD most of the time when I don't need to use Windows.