Glock Talk banner

Anyone use G38 holster with a G19?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  legacy38 
#1 ·
I currently have 2 G19's and am going to order a G38. I was wondering if the MTAC or CTAC for the 38 would do a good job with the 19? has anyone tried this?

Concern about the MTAC. since the inside is leather, I am not sure if it will form to the 38 and make the holster useless for the 19.

With the CTAC, since it is all kydex, I would think the trigger guard would grab and snap into place like my 2 O'clock does. (sometimes, thinking gets me in trouble :) )

I am asking because with all the classes and permits for ccw, i don't have enough for two holsters at this time. Should I have to send a glock in for repair, i want to be able to carry one of my others.

Thanks for any input. Sorry if this seems like a silly question.

#2 ·
I have the 37/38/39 Slide verson of the MTAC. I carry my G17 in it with no problems.

The great thing is, since the inside is leather, and it's IWB, if you carry the smaller gun, the leather will form around it as it's pushed from the other side by your hip.

The only caveat is that, since the kydex side doesn't give, it doesn't have quite the firm grip on the G17 as it does my G39. Since I don't do handstands, this has not been a problem.

#3 · (Edited)
Use a G&G leather G19 IWB for both G32 and G38 all the time (EDC rig). The leather just squeezes in a little for the 32 and gives a little for the 38, no problem. Don't know how the kydex will affect the CTAC, but the leather should make up for it on the body side.

I do KNOW G19/G32 in a kydex OWB for G38 is a BAD idea and, in the words of Forrest Gump, that's about all I got to say about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.