close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone use Brightsights to outline tritiums?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by ajgranda, Dec 26, 2009.

1. ajgranda

ajgranda

Hi, thinking of getting a 1911 (Les Baer maybe) that only comes with tritium night sights with no white outline. I was thinking of using white Brightsights to outline the 3 dot tritiums. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

http://www.brightsights.com/index.shtml

2. G36Packer

G36Packer

Thanks, I've been looking for something to touch up my SureSights. I'm curious if the yellow stays bright yellow. The stuff I've tried so far doesn't.

3. beretta-neo

beretta-neo

I have used model paint to touch up the white rings around tritium.

If it didn't start with white rings, however, I don't see how you can realistically create your own - not in any way that will look decent.

I looked at the website link - and essentially, you could probably do the same thing with testors paint - for paint or touching up dots.

But, what you are describing is why I avoid certain guns with night sights - because there are no white rings around the tritium.

4. ajgranda

ajgranda

I was thinking I could do it with a toothpick maybe. Ever so gently of course. :dunno:

5. beretta-neo

beretta-neo

I use a needle or paperclip to do the touchups. I barely manage it with that. If you manage to get it done on a sight that didn't have the white to begin with, please post photos.!

Thanks!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. jsanti13

jsanti13

I paint the front face of the front sight minus the tritium vial face of course.

I can quickly pick up my front sight and shot times are much faster for me also.