close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone use Brightsights to outline tritiums?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by ajgranda, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Hi, thinking of getting a 1911 (Les Baer maybe) that only comes with tritium night sights with no white outline. I was thinking of using white Brightsights to outline the 3 dot tritiums. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

http://www.brightsights.com/index.shtml

2. G36Packer

G36Packer

Jan 7, 2002
    Texas
    Thanks, I've been looking for something to touch up my SureSights. I'm curious if the yellow stays bright yellow. The stuff I've tried so far doesn't.

3. beretta-neo

beretta-neo

Mar 11, 2009
    The Matrix
    I have used model paint to touch up the white rings around tritium.

If it didn't start with white rings, however, I don't see how you can realistically create your own - not in any way that will look decent.

I looked at the website link - and essentially, you could probably do the same thing with testors paint - for paint or touching up dots.

But, what you are describing is why I avoid certain guns with night sights - because there are no white rings around the tritium.

4. I was thinking I could do it with a toothpick maybe. Ever so gently of course. :dunno:

5. beretta-neo

beretta-neo

Mar 11, 2009
    The Matrix
    I use a needle or paperclip to do the touchups. I barely manage it with that. If you manage to get it done on a sight that didn't have the white to begin with, please post photos.!

Thanks!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. jsanti13

jsanti13

Oct 17, 2003
    Kentucky
    I paint the front face of the front sight minus the tritium vial face of course.

I can quickly pick up my front sight and shot times are much faster for me also.