close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone use Beltman belts for their 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by SiberianErik, May 26, 2011.

1. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

Feb 9, 2009
    I got my Beltman last christmas from the wife and I love it. I had no issue cc'ing my Glocks w/ a wilderness belt, other than it looked like a Boy Scout Belt :supergrin:

I was always perusing' the Beltman site just drooling. I was too lazy to do the correct measureing and all the custom stuff you need to do when Jim builds a belt for ya, plus them being so $$$$$

Luckily the wife did all the work and pd for it :cool: w/o me even knowing it.
    I find this belt is an absolute must have for 1911's peeps that carry, esp the Gov't size. Expensive guns need expensive belts I guess..:embarassed:
    Face it a 5" forged Springer w/ 8+1 of 230 Gr goodness is not like zipping around w/ a G26 hanging off you.

anybody else use these belts ?

A quick pic of where my toys get exercised in the back yard..

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I normally use a Wilderness 5-stitch. The Beltman is for "dressy" occasions.

3. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    I have no problem carrying with a cheap belt from wally world.

4. allen.m

allen.m

Sep 16, 2009
    I have had the 1 1/2 horse hide belt for over a year and it is the best belt i have ever used. just love it!

5. csoglock17

csoglock17 Older than dirt

May 25, 2011
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    I like the CrossBreed Belt with the Velcro backing. I did not know of the the Beltman but, will look at it.
    (Now available with Velcro backing and V-Clips for TOTAL concealment)

The Crossbreeed belts are made of two layers of top grain cowhide. These two leathers are then stitched together, cross grain from each other, using recessed stitching to provide protection to the stitching from surface abrasions.

The finished belt is 1 1/2 inches wide and just under 1/4 inch thick.

6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I have a Looper belt, made in Oklahoma City:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

7. alexanderg23

alexanderg23

May 13, 2009
    NW AR
    Wearing one now, best belf I EVER seen

8. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    I haven't had the privilege of owning a Beltman. I have, however, owned a Filson work belt, out of Seattle, for about five years. It has carried everything from a S&W 640-1 and Ruger GP100s, to Glocks and full sized 1911s. At about $65 it has been a very worthwhile investment.

9. Have 3 in black, brown and cordovan. Carry my 1911 in either a Milt Sparks VMII or a Tucker The Answer. Great rig with either holster.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  10. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Been using a Rawhide Leather belt by Bob Ferguson for about 6 mo and it's been great. Heavy leather gunbelt for the price of a Wilderness. Someday I will get one from Jim.

[​IMG]

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I've got a Looper belt as well,........very high quality. I'd put it even with the Beltman!

12. Wade-19

Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    I have been wearing the same Beltman belt everyday for about 4 years now. I just recieved a Milt Sparks belt with my last order . I only wore it for about three hours and I can say I like the thicker Beltman better. I will probably sell the Sparks and order a black Beltman .

13. mdm3

mdm3

Aug 19, 2004
    Arizona
    I have been using a 1.5" bullhide belt from the beltman for the last few years and it still works great for my 1911 in a VM2. I like the 7 holes option he gives.

14. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yep I have a 1.5" Bullhide I use every single day! Great belt and wonderful customer service. He called and spoke to me about my order to make sure everything was right before he started making it. Highly recommended!

15. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    I've been wearing one of Beltman's belts daily for years. I actually have one I wear on duty under the ranger belt and one for off duty. I love them and they last.

I have tried the "I'm carrying a G-U-N!!!" Wilderness belts but prefer a nice leather belt.

16. The Wilderness belt is good for any carry where you don't want to damage your Beltman (camping, hiking, etc.).

17. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Awesome:thumbsup: