Anyone tried a Lone Wolf or KKM 40sw Barrel in the Gen 4 G20?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wvtarheel, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Just ordered a new Gen 4 G20 yesterday and I'm already excited to shoot it. Looking around it seems like the 40 S&W conversion barrel will save me some ammo costs when I take this to the range.

BUT after watching the videos on the top of this page where weaker 10mm rounds caused problems for the glock employee, I'm wondering if I will need to install a different recoil spring or if the gen 4 G20 is just built for hotter rounds than the gen 3 was.

Any insight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anyone Tried the CCP? Walther Forum Sep 23, 2015
    Anyone Tried Mag Guts G42 Followers/Springs in the G43? General Glocking Jun 22, 2015
    Has anyone seen or tried this. The Okie Corral Jun 16, 2015
    Has anyone tried this? Survival/Preparedness Forum Jun 5, 2015
    Oath Ammo... Anyone tried it? Caliber Corner Mar 14, 2015

3. The .40 barrel is a good idea. I wouldn't touch anything on that G4 until you have put some Underwood through it and inspected the brass. It should run fine the way it is.

4. With the stock gen 4 barrel and 10.3gr of Blue dot behind a 180gr xtp I get very little bulging, barely visible.
  5. I know you're asking about operation, but, I called KKM prior to ordering this barrel and asked about it working/fitting correctly in a Gen4 G20, and the guy I talked to said there should be no problems, their barrel was made to work in there w/o any type of Gen4 redesign.
  6. Or you could save up a few extra bucks and get a turret press. Then save a ton more on ammo. 10mm costs just as much as a .40 to reload (except the brass).
  7. I have had my Gen 4 20 since it hit the market back in the summer. Got it at Ed's Public Safety.
    Great gun, have it with 6" 10mm KKM barrel since I shoot my handloads. Works flawlessly. No bulges or smileys even with the hottest handloads.

Congrats, you'll love the Gen 4 20!