close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone seen this

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by dodgecope89, Aug 10, 2011.

1. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

Dec 29, 2010
    Arkansas

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  3. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Case hardening I like.. engraving not so much.. I would still shoot the snot out of it tho.. it was what it was built to do.. guess I will never make collector status... :supergrin:

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Not my cup-of-tea,.......but some very artistic work!
    Thanks for the link

5. Agreed.

6. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I agree. I couldn't hold a gun,even that one, for very long before I would have to shoot it.

I buy 100 year old antique wood planes to do cabinet work with, also not to collect

7. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

Dec 29, 2010
    Arkansas
    I think the reason they didnt shot it is because of the hardening making it to britle and were afraid it would crack.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  8. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Dont think that is the case.. most of Colt's SAA's are all casehardened.. but I could be wrong about that.. regardless I would still shoot it..

9. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    I've been watching this guy's channel since he started. Lots of good info so far about many models and variations most of us probably didn't know existed.

Very nice work indeed. Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the skill and the time it must of taken. The only thing is the fit on the back where the slide meets the frame. You can see the poor fitting that I would expect to be flush. Considering the amount of work done, I was surprised to see it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011