close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone seen Kel Tech S2000 9mmG FS?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by silvrevo, Aug 20, 2012.

1. silvrevo

silvrevo
    Expand Collapse

I know they are hard to find, and besides GunBroker @ $550

Has anyone seen any at thier LGS for sale? NEW.

Looking for the Glock 9mm one.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Also like to have the PMR and the KSG,,,,,j/k:cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. simotek

simotek
    Expand Collapse

Never seen one in person before! And if I do... I'm buying it for myself!

3. ronin.45

ronin.45
    Expand Collapse

No local shops carry them. Keltec seems to produce so few long guns that they will never be common. Pair that with iffy quality and it's amazing they stay in business.

4. General Tso 419

General Tso 419
    Expand Collapse

I tried to find one about a month ago. I'm not paying $500+ on Gunbroker. I finally gave up and bought a Sterling Type 2. I'm sick of Kel Tec and the way they operate. I'll not buy anymore of their products.

5. ctfireman

ctfireman
    Expand Collapse

I've run into a few. PMR's & KSG's as well. Just lucky i guess.

6. ronin.45

ronin.45
    Expand Collapse

The only keltecs we ever see around here are the pocket guns. I know people who are still thinking about getting an RFB if they ever see one.

7. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G
    Expand Collapse
    598ci big block

Saw a local guy get around 600 for a USED one!!!!!

8. dnuggett

dnuggett
    Expand Collapse
    PRO 2A

I have been lucky on Keltecs I suppose. I picked up a PMR-30 a little over a year ago for $350 and just put a KSG on layaway for $799. I just missed a Sub2000 in 9mm for $329. That's ok though, I'm actually looking for the .40.

#8 dnuggett, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  9. raven11

raven11
    Expand Collapse

most of the bigger gunshops in my area stock the pistols which is funny when you consider there is no CCW in Illinois but I have never seen the rifles or carbines for sale in the state. good thing the Internet gives us the ability to buy what gunshops don't stock

#9 raven11, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer
    Expand Collapse

I just emailed them about the S2K yesterday and received this response today... Seems like you just need to order one and wait.

11. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama
    Expand Collapse
    Fuhgettaboutit

Be patient, get out the phone book, or search for Kel-Tec dealers and call them. You'll find one sooner or later and probably for a reasonable price. They are pretty nice for something so simple and inexpensive.

12. mingaa

mingaa
    Expand Collapse

Yeah - I've been watching for a S2K in glock 9 or 40 forever. I've got the mags - with a Pearce +3 I can have a 20 rd 9mm pistol carbine that would round out my shooting gear well - 17 rds. with the S&W 40. Hi Point - - I'll pass. Maybe just keep saving for the FN and shoot five-seven. Looks like the future of guns anyhow. That's it - if I get an S2K I flip it and complete my FN savings!!!

13. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru
    Expand Collapse
    Ban Democrats!!

The .40s are a dime a dozen, I see plenty of them at the gun show here in Fort Lauderdale.

I have had my S2K 9 and .40 for about five years now and still have yet to fire them (wife got pregnant....twice!). I think I paid $289 each + shipping ($18) and transfer ($25). Neat looking guns and a very interesting design.

My PMR-30 is probably my most FUN GUN! $460 on GB but let me tell you....FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! 30 rounds of .22WMR draws a crowd at the range!

KSG.....no interest.

Check Bud's. You can sign up to be notified when they get one in....which they do every now and then. You have to act quickly though, they/it can go FAST!!!!

Good luck in your quest!

TGG

14. silvrevo

silvrevo
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys
    But was kinda looking for,, ya xxxxxx store has them in, give them a call.

I will try Buds and then look for KT dealers!!

Any other carbine take Glock mags,,, besides the new Glock carbine that was just released??? ; )

15. General Tso 419

General Tso 419
    Expand Collapse

The Just Right Carbine. I think ATI distributes them. Bud's has them. $600 I believe. Also Thureon Defense makes one. Also look at the Mec-Tec carbine system.

16. method

method
    Expand Collapse

I saw one on armslist an hour or so away from me last night. Was quite pricey at $650, but had a quad rail, VFG, light, sling, 4 33rd mags, and 1 17rd mag. I would have paid that. It was gone by 11am today. I was a little miffed that I missed it.

I did end up getting an SU16c tonight, however. Guy I bought it from showed me his .40 Sub2k, neat little gun. I paid $500 for my new rifle, a little too much for what it is, perhaps, but a good bit less than what people are paying for them on GB.

#16 method, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  17. motorcyclist

motorcyclist
    Expand Collapse

Kel Tec is the third largest maker of handguns in the US.

#17 motorcyclist, Aug 21, 2012
  18. dnuggett

dnuggett
    Expand Collapse
    PRO 2A

They aren't a dime a dozen around here. I already signed up for Buds and a few other places. I'll find one sooner or later.

And yeah my PMR-30 draws a crowd, but not as much as my XDS. And I'm quite certain the Coonan and KSG will draw a larger one when I get them in. The only problem with that.... I don't like people circling around while I'm shooting. Don't they have their own stuff to shoot?

#18 dnuggett, Aug 21, 2012
  19. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart
    Expand Collapse
    Handloader

Even better... I just scored a new 40 cal glock mag version at orion arms in IN for $450. They had seven of them a month ago.

This is what I bought:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I couldn't stand the plastic sights, sooo.....With some cash and parts from red lion precision this is what it looks like now... still not done... have some more parts on order.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Working on making a rubber butt stock pad (kel tecs is hard plastic) to help tame the biting it does on your shoulder. Very accurate gun!

#19 Myke_Hart, Aug 21, 2012
  20. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru
    Expand Collapse
    Ban Democrats!!

Maybe theirs aren't as cool as ours!:dunno:

I mean, if you're just shooting a Glock 19 and then you hear what sounds like an AR firing off 30 rounds in about five seconds, you're going to want to check it out.....and be SHOCKED to see that it's a handgun (PMR-30)!!!!:shocked:

TGG