close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

anyone play WoW?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by malkore, Apr 12, 2006.

1. malkore

malkore

Dec 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    any WoW players?

server?

horde or alliance?

just curious. I'm on a WoW hiatus...may not return. Kinda waiting to see what happens with Vanguard, by Sigil games.

2. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    Nope, I don't. But I am curious. Can you play it online without a monthly fee? I thought I read that WOW requires a monthly fee.

3. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    First month is free, after that, you pay.

$15/mo, or 3 mo $14, 6 mo/$12 per.

4. malkore

malkore

Dec 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Correct, it is a subscription based game. Its a Massive Multiplayer Online Game...its always running whether you are playing or not. That's why it costs $$...you're paying to keep dozens of high end servers both running, as well as upgrading the hardware, paying for fat connections, and of course Blizzard puts cash in their pockets.

$15 a month sounds like a lot of money at first. But, compare it to something like cable television...because in truth, 95% of WoW players play a LOT.

In my prime, I would get home at 5:15pm, login to WoW by 5:30, and log off at 10-10:30pm. EVERY weekday...except fridays I played till I couldn't play no more. Then long stints on the weekends. Easily put in 20 hours a week, 30-35hours on some weeks.

When you figure out that the cost per hour for that subscription boils down to pennies, you realize its a pretty reasonable deal.

Granted its not for everyone.

There are free mmo's out there, like Guild Wars...you buy the game, but teh server usage is free.

5. MrMurphy

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Runescape is a mini-MMO similar to WOW that's basically free (they charge too, to get to certain classes and into certain areas of the map) and it's fun to play, but there's a LOT of kids on there, pre-WOW and DSL-for-myself, I used to play that.

6. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    lol, yea I have heard of Runescape, and it was from pre-teenagers. One of these days I'll check that out, just for the fun of it.

Yes, I understand about paying. I contribute money to help out running servers for Battlefield. Have you ever heard of the Black Knights clan? Just curious, I play on their Battlefield 2 server every now and then, and I guess they are, or at least were, big WOW players.

7. MrMurphy

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    I'm on Hellscream, Alliance, human rogue, as McElrath, and Mug'loth? I think it is, as Haakan, a dwarf hunter.

8. Poduck

Poduck Wilma who?

Jan 23, 2005
    Bedrock
    Hey WoW fans!

I'm an Undead Rogue on the Windrunner server.

Currently level 31. But I'm working on it! :supergrin:

9. g19/15+1

g19/15+1 Girl+Gun= Sexy

Jul 15, 2004
    Playin on the Moonrunner realm as a 44 warrior, and a 16 mage.