close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone opened up the magwell on lo cap Wasr.

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by surety agent 1, Jan 19, 2010.

1. surety agent 1

surety agent 1 PaleHorseComing

Was thinking about getting a Lo Cap WASR and opening the magwell with a dremel to take hi caps. So long as it's not illegal. 299.00 is a sweet price. anyone else done this?

2. banger

banger

Nov 8, 2005
    Where evil lives
    I have not done it, but...

I know someone who has.

Simply go slowly, there is nothing complicated about the process.

If you have a standard mag rifle available, you might want to consider making a paper template,

Take a little metal at a time, and check with a mag frequently.

3. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    I really wish i had gone this route instead of getting my WASR-10/63. If I do buy one and dremel, is there any parts changing that must be done so I don't get a slap on the wrist for 922r?

4. Mr.Pliskin

Mr.Pliskin

Apr 10, 2009
    TX
    I have done it before, just get a dremel with a reinforced cut off wheel, grinding stone and a mag with the base plate taken off. I used the baseless mag as sort of a template, traced the width of the mag on there and cut off inside the lines. Then I just ground down any excess material until the top of the mag fit. I then used the grinding wheel to grind off the tabs inside the receiver (its the only thing I had that would fit inside there) Is someone selling unconverted WASR's or is this a deal in your neck of the woods. Id love to find another cheap AK:supergrin:

5. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    classicarms has the single stacks for $300

6. Mr.Pliskin

Mr.Pliskin

Apr 10, 2009
    TX
    Thanks!

7. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    My Misr-10 was converted, and you would never know it, unless you looked at it closely, a good job can be done on them.