Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

anyone know about Sportsmans guide "counter sniper"?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by plainsman, Feb 3, 2010.

1. plainsman

Jul 25, 2005
    They have a 10X40X56 scope listed for $565. They claim it is a military overrun with illuminated mil dot reticule.
  2. KappaAlphaASU

Mar 20, 2009
    It would be worth a try. If it doesnt work like you want it to, just send it back. They have pretty good customer service. I sent a scope mount back twice for my M1A and never had a problem with them....just the mount.

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Sorry, I personally don't believe for a moment that is a military overrun optic with all that white text and graphics slathered on the top and sides (including the website URL for the company that makes (imports?) it). The thing uses a 35mm tube, so you're stuck using the rings they provide (picatinny rail sections and all). 2 pounds 3 ounces, 18" long. The ad for that item on the cover of their mailed catalog says you're saving over $2,294. :upeyes:

I was born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

They will also be happy to sell you "Colt stamped mags" for your AR. Not Colt mags, not Colt manufactured mags, not mags made for Colt rifles/carbines -- "Colt stamped mags." I spent a lot of time shaking my head while browsing that catalog...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  4. plainsman

Jul 25, 2005
    The don't specify whose army, probably never used iraqi equipment!
  5. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    Counter Sniper brand is usually considered crap.
  6. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Southern US
    That's a lot of money to invest in a no-name scope.
  7. Let's see...
    Ridiculous claims and a lot of words used to make things sound technical even though knowledgeable folks see that it's BS, and a claim of a Gov. contract overrun even though no one in the military or other Gov. agency has ever seen one in official use.

Hmmmm... If it's sounds unbelievable, there's probably a reason for it.
  8. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

May 27, 2006
    Gulf Coast MS
    Buying Glass I try to stay with established name brands.

I do buy ammo & surplus items from SG.