close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

...anyone here shoot the SiG Pro in 357 SiG???

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by silversport, Jul 25, 2012.

1. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

...I have one inbound and can't wait...I had the P229 from the start (stoked with Federal 125GR hollow points) and a P226 but sold them off when I sold my guns during a divorce...

...I have a G23 with the G32 barrel and like it so much with Speer Gold Dots or Speer Lawman 125GR (hated my G27 way back when with a G33 barrel) that I hooked this SiG Pro...what can I expect???

Thanks for any thoughts or experiences you may care to share,

Bill

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 silversport, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. NitLion

NitLion
    Expand Collapse

First off.... I know this feeling!!! I hate to even remember the nice firearms I had to liquidate.
    If you loved your P229, You will love your 2340 (or is it 2022?)
    It feels good in the hand...and shoots like a dream- accurate and reliable!! It does break down differently than your dearly departed Sigs and it may be a little tough to get a holster for, but I think it is one of the VERY best in a list of underrated guns....

[​IMG]

3. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

thank you...it is the older Swiss framed 2340 like you have pictured...I am really looking forward to it...

SiG rail (no worries, I don't attach lights) and standard sights...just picked up some new hi cap mags (12 instead of 10 rounders) and the standard trigger...not a fan of the short triggers...

Thanks...

Bill

#3 silversport, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  4. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

should be at my FFL by Monday...was hoping before the weekend but it seems perhaps next week...(as a life long Cubs fan, I understand waiting...;) )

Hey NitLion...how does it compare to your other 357 SiG pistols???

Bill

#4 silversport, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  5. NitLion

NitLion
    Expand Collapse

my 2340 is right up there with the best of them!!! I tend to really like whatever pistol I am holding at the moment... but I do have a slight affinity toward the Sigs....
    My 2340 with my M&P...
    [​IMG]

6. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

thanks we have that in common...I tend to like whatever pistol I am holding as well...

Bill

7. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

your pic has to hold me until after my FFL gets back from vacation since mine was delivered late...still impatiently waiting...:whistling:

Bill

8. NitLion

NitLion
    Expand Collapse

Dang! That waiting is the hardest thing. Hope it is worthwhile in the end! It was a good idea to get the extra magazines.

#8 NitLion, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  9. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

I just started a holster maker on making me a Bruce Nelsonesque professional (Avenger Style straight drop) for it...I better like it when it gets here (hopefully by Wednesday)

Thanks,

Bill

10. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

guess what FINALLY came home yesterday...

[​IMG]

Bill

11. NitLion

NitLion
    Expand Collapse

SWEET!! Looks likes it is in awesome shape!!:number1:

12. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

it really is...thanks for the help and your experiences with yours...it helped while I waited impatiently for mine to arrive...I won't get it to the range until next week but I will be test driving mine with Speer Lawman 125GR FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 125GR Hollow Points...

Bill

13. mjsarge

mjsarge
    Expand Collapse

I have the 2340 with both the .357 and .40 barrels. Great gun, hopefully you'll enjoy it for years to come.

14. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

great...thanks for the feedback mjsarge!

Bill

15. mjsarge

mjsarge
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome! To be honest, I'm always on the look out for a used one. I wouldn't hesitate to add a 2nd one to the collection.

16. theSteve

theSteve
    Expand Collapse

I have a SP2340 in .357 sig and have been searching high and low for some mags. Where did you find yours?

17. theSteve

theSteve
    Expand Collapse

18. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

that's a GREAT price...I found mine on Gunbroker but I had to buy a group of 5...

Bill

19. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

...early results...nice trigger that has a slightly different reset than the GLOCKs and P Series SiGs I have shot more of lately (which have different resets than each other too ;) )...accurate...I put several rounds through the same hole making a slightly larger ragged hole on target...I need much more trigger time as it has been a LONG time since I have shot the Von Stavenhagen sights usually using Trijicon/SiG Lights...

...of late, I have been carrying the P220 and the P245 which seem to my hand to be more forward weighted in the slide and of course nearly 1911 pattern pistol thin while the SP 2340 with the medium grip feels thin and short in the grip and a bit top heavy...nothing of which bothers me just an observation...

...when I took my time, the pistol was more accurate than I am...shooting Speer Gold Dots (only a 12 round magazine worth) and Speer Lawman 125GR I noted that this has to be the softest shooting 357 SiG I have yet shot having some trigger time on the P229 and P226 many years back (when the cartridge was released) and a GLOCK 23 conversion wanna be G32...

Hopefully next week, I'll get to the range and wring this out a bit more...perhaps if I stop buying guns for a bit, I won't have so many new ones to wring out... ;) ...nah...:D

Bill