Anyone here SBR their Draco or M92?

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by RMTactical, Mar 28, 2013.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net
    CLM

I have an M92 that I wanting to SBR, just looking for ideas of how to go about it.

I wonder if this is a good option or if there is a better way. Looks pretty fast and easy.

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=PAP-SAAR

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SpecialsTek7467

SpecialsTek7467 SpecialsTek7467

I have a Draco but have kept it all legit as a pistol. Have thrown a single point sling to help with the recoil and does great. I have completely decked it out with my OD Green apparel.

But have wondered many a time about adding a stock. From the research that I have found, but can't provide for you currently has stated that if the barrel is 16", then considered a rifle. So with the installation of a 4" flash hider to your 12" pistol, then it is there by legal to add a stock. Google the SBR forums and will stumble upon the same information that I did. Hope this helped if just ideas at the least. Good Luck!

#2 SpecialsTek7467, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. barth

barth six barrels

I've got a SLR-106U pistol.
    Haven't done the SBR thingy. But am thinking about it.
    I do believe you have to have a flash hider, or suppressor,
    permanently attached to the barrel in a specific fashion
    to be considered part of the barrel length, in terms of not being a SBR.

#3 barth, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  4. RMTactical

CLM

I'm going to pay the $200 tax stamp and do the ATF paperwork to get the SBR, thanks.

5. barth

barth six barrels

You might try http://www.akfiles.com/forums/
    for more information.

6. Krebs customs list a pile of different adapters for various stocks. I think most people use the ACE folders.

7. scottMO

Moderator Millennium Member

I SBR'd a Draco and got lucky and found a mini Draco already SBR'd. the mini now has a folding stock too..
    [​IMG]

I slightly opened up the front sight post for a higher cheek weld with the red dot...
    [​IMG]

this is how the mini looked when i got it:
    [​IMG]

this was the orig look I had in mind for the full sized draco but went with the look in the first pic:
    [​IMG]

The original "Gardner clone", which started it all. Named after username Gardner on AR15.com
    [​IMG]

#7 scottMO, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  8. scottMO

pictured with a 40rd mag and one of the prev flash hiders i was trying out:
    [​IMG]

drum:
    [​IMG]

tanker mag:
    [​IMG]

more gardner clone pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#8 scottMO, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

:thumbsup:

10. There are only two AKs I really want - a true Russian Krink build, and this setup.

My wallet thinks you're an *******.

11. scottMO

I can post some pics of my aks-74u's if that would help...:whistling:

12. Thanks. You just made me feel like the abused wife that keeps going back for more.

:rofl:

13. This is my next SBR, most likely a Draco.

From What I have read, the PAPs serial number is located where you would place a stock's mounting hardware. making it a pain to SBR.

14. That's only on older models... And that's if you are drilling the rear trunnion on the older models. The one I have has the serial number farther up.. I will post a pic later

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. RMTactical

CLM

Excellent, thanks!

16. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDy_7CDqcBE"]Romanian Draco AK-47 SBR Review (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

I have the adaptor---it's surprisingly solid. I got it as sort of a stop gap until I could just drill/tap the receiver but now that I have it I have no desire to drill/tap it.