close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Anyone heard about the missing Purdue student?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by TLHelmer, Jan 19, 2007.

1. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

Sep 4, 1999
    Newburgh, In. U.S.
    I heard there was a young man missing from Purdue. It was a short blurb on the national news, but I haven't heard any details from the local news since I am so far from W. Lafayette.

2. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Tired Member

From what I heard he went to a party and never made it back home. Someone withdrew $50 from an ATM with his card but the ATM camera was broken.

3. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, but only what I see on TV-18 (it has lead every broadcast for the past few days) and on 920AM.

4. TLHelmer

Sep 4, 1999
    Newburgh, In. U.S.
    Thanks for your responses. I saw another report, but there still isn't a lot of information.

5. foob

foob

Jul 29, 2006
    Pretty surprised since there's not much serious crime on campus. Think an asian girl went missing a year back though.

Can't imagine anybody wanting to kill him to get his wallet. Oh well I've worked at the crisis center before, there's weird ****s everywhere, just hidden below the surface.

6. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Mar 31, 2004
    Indiana
    Apparently the student left a party at Phi Kappa Theta... and went to an ATM then vanished. From reports, he doesn't sound like someone who would choose to just take a wild adventure. I hope he is okay, but fear the worst.

7. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I had a 3:00 pm at the courthouse today and saw 2 helicopters "working" the river downtown (unusual for Lafayette).

boiler, I agree. Just doesn't fit the profile of someone who would just take off to Las Vegas for the heck of it. (He was an honor student and fairly serious athlete). I fear the worst.

8. TLHelmer

Sep 4, 1999
    Newburgh, In. U.S.
    Eric,

You are kidding about the Phi Kappa Theta house right? I hadn't heard that. Was he a brother or pledge?

9. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Mar 31, 2004
    Indiana
    Thought that might get your attention! Apparently he went there for a party (I have not read that he was associated with the house). After he left there, he may have been seen walking by Owen Hall, but the last confirmed place he can be placed with absolute certainty was 900 David Ross Road. Now they are saying the ATM withdrawal happened earlier (before 9PM). Orininally they had said 1AM, but that was just when the bank posted the transaction, not when the ATM was actually accessed.

Crazy, huh? I wonder what sort of investigations are going on at the ole fraternity house...

Take care!

10. TLHelmer

Sep 4, 1999
    Newburgh, In. U.S.
    I found more stories on this on the Lafayette Journal courier website. He used his cell after leaving 900 David Ross road. It is very starnge for someone so responsible to be missing so long and no body to be found. I have had my share of these cases. None with so much publicity.

11. foob

foob

Jul 29, 2006
    How do you know he's responsible?

Anyway, not to sound cold, there's only one explanation, he's dead.

12. TLHelmer

Sep 4, 1999
    Newburgh, In. U.S.
    His parents were interviewed on Fox News last night. Everything I have heard indicates he was a very responsible young man. Straight A's, Full ride scholarship, past behavior and actions.

I am afraid you are correct on the outcome.

13. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Purdue cops are going down to Bloomington today (January 25th) to look over his room.

Military recruiters were interviewed yesterday.

14. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

Dec 5, 2004
    Cherry Point NC
    Friend of mine was good friends with this guy

Crazy stuff

15. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Mar 31, 2004
    Indiana
  16. seamus

seamus

Nov 25, 2005
    indiana
    That had to be rather gruesome for the employee that found the body because it was an electrical room and they tend to be rather hot, and well paint your own picture.

17. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Wow.

In Owen hall all along...?

I was 'riding along' with a detective knocking on doors around Purdue looking for info about what happened, as well as soem other activities. We/I wondered if he was possibly rather close at the time.

I wonder WTF happened.

18. TLHelmer

Sep 4, 1999
    Newburgh, In. U.S.
    I saw the news on the found body. I figured he would be found dead, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Thanks Eric!

19. k12lts

k12lts

Mar 18, 2004
    Indiana
    They now say he entered the electrical room by mistake and died from accidental electrocution.

The said all along the last transmission from his cell phone came from that area. How could they not have checked every room in the building???

The latest I have seen is here. http://www.purdueexponent.org/